C5 III window winder/regulator fitting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

C5 III window winder/regulator fitting

Post by Richard_C »

A well worn topic. I have searched the forum and can't find the 'how to fit repair kit' that I'm sure I have seen before. Can anyone point me to it please, or answer a couple of questions (2010 X7 VTR+ Tourer)

To get the door card off, I think you lever out the inner door opening handle surround and the lower black half of the big arc shaped pull handle trim to find TORX beneath. Do I have to look anywhere else for hidden fixings? Are there any around the speaker grille or door pocket, can't seem to see anything.

I recall some procedure for resetting the auto window closing so it goes all the way up - can anyone remind me?

Just ordered repair kits (left needed, and right because they are only £10) on ebay so hope to do the job later this week. Any other advice welcome. I expect a wrestling match.

Thanks.

To ramble on a bit - there are days, week and months when the car is brilliant, including a recent 1200 mile ski trip and a couple of very long quick UK trips to visit very poorly relatives. On Friday I could happily have put the whole thing in a crusher. Cambridge to Leeds, been travelling at 70 for well over an hour when the bing-bong dpf warning came on, after many bing bong free months. Bing bonged for most of the rest of the trip, creating great tension. Next day no problem and no recurrence. But why do it when travelling in just the very conditions it tells you to drive at to clear the warning.

And later, went to open passenger window to bid farewell to someone, clunk bangy noise and no movement so I assume cable. At least its closed so trip home after my weekend was OK. Grrrrr.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: C5 III window winder/regulator fitting

Post by bobins »

The Russian 'How To' is here: https://www.drive2.ru/l/288230376153099652/

With a translation here: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=42751

There is another translation floating around on the forum somewhere, but I've not managed to find it yet.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've just had the complete motor and assembly replaced as per my post here:
You forget that they expect water to get in there - so don't forget when you do get it done to et some silicone grease in there - since having this replaced - I've put nearly half a tin down all 4 window channels!

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 15#p486147
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Thanks for this, got me started with the thinking. Parts now arrived, very quick delivery via ebay. Once you see the cables in the pack it all becomes a little more clear.

Meanwhile I have also found an 'instructables' -

http://www.instructables.com/id/Repairi ... ic-Window/

And 2 more links for anyone who stumbles on this in years to come, different cars I know, but the youtube one makes it easy to understand how the things should work.

http://www.cxoc.net/index.php?PHPSESSID ... pic=5215.0

So that's the theory sorted, now just the practical exam :-D. Need to wait for a day when I have plenty of time and its dry enough to be outside - not enough room in garage to have door open and work round it.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini