Trip Computer XM 2.1 TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Russell

Trip Computer XM 2.1 TD

Post by Russell »

Hi Folks,
My trip computer, clock, temp sensor LCD display is not working, like just off, doesn't light up, nada, nothing. [xx(]
Is there a specific supply fuse?
Can someone tell me how I get it out to check connections, solder joints etc..? Many thanks.
regards
Russell [:)]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The connector on rear popped off ?
Russell

Post by Russell »

OK, good thought.
How do I get at it?
There is a small panel with a couple of torx head screws under the rear windscreen wiper and demister switches etc, or a larger panel behind that, also held with torx head screws. If that is off, do I just insert my arm to the elbow and fish around a bit..? [:I]
Or do I attack from the top, or the panel the LCD (and door open warning) is mounted in. Does this spring out somehow. [?]
Cheers
Russell [:)]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Has it just stopped working or has it been like that since you got it? A very common reason for trip computer to stop working is when they start saying ABS OUT OF FUNCTION. Lazy owners then just pull the plug to get it through the MOT . . .
//NiSk
sdabel
My Cars:

Post by sdabel »

This raises a question I have had for a while now, my S2 1996 2.1 TD turbo has no trip computer, not even the button on the end of the stalk. I always asumed that this was because it had mechanical diesel injection. It is an exclusive so should have all the options.
Was the trip computer an option on my model ?
regards
sean
sunny Adelaide
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

No idea how the TD12 was equipped in the UK - the fact that it has mechanical fuel injection (has it really - a 96?? - I thought thay all got electronic mid 95) has nothing to do with the trip computer. I assume yours has the LCD display showing time and outside temp. then?
//NiSk
sdabel
My Cars:

Post by sdabel »

My car was UK delivered and then private imported into Australia (not by me). I have yet to have a good look and work out if it has electronic or mechanical injection. It has a matrix display on the LHS that displays warnings and radio info. On the RHS the display shows time and outside temp only. Took me quite a while to work out that there is no trip computer!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NiSk</i>

No idea how the TD12 was equipped in the UK - the fact that it has mechanical fuel injection (has it really - a 96?? - I thought thay all got electronic mid 95) has nothing to do with the trip computer. I assume yours has the LCD display showing time and outside temp. then?
//NiSk
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

This site contains loads of XM info downloads :
http://rammstein.dfmk.hu/~phoenix/XMCD1/
I have not yet had the time to view it all - maybe there are some stuff on the trip computer found here.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Hmm . . Anders - looks like you've found a mine - nor sure if it's a goldmine or a landmine!
//NiSk