Compatibility question.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Compatibility question.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This may already have been asked on the forum, but I was not able to find it. If it has, sorry for asking again, but as I don't know the answer, here goes.

Barring the obvious clones (Partner/Berlingo, 107/C1, etc.) are any of the seats from similar sized/aged vehicles compatible with their counterparts. For example (and this is what I want to know), are the seats from a Peugeot 407SW (estate) compatible with a same age C5 estate? I have seen more 407SW in the scrap yards than C5 estates, and most of the 407SW have had leather seating.

white exec
Moderating Team

Re: Compatibility question.

Post by white exec »

Would you believe Rover P6 front seats into original Mini?
You didn't want to know that.

van ordinaire
Donor 2017

Post by van ordinaire »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:This may already have been asked on the forum, but I was not able to find it. If it has, sorry for asking again, but as I don't know the answer, here goes.

Barring the obvious clones (Partner/Berlingo, 107/C1, etc.) are any of the seats from similar sized/aged vehicles compatible with their counterparts. For example (and this is what I want to know), are the seats from a Peugeot 407SW (estate) compatible with a same age C5 estate? I have seen more 407SW in the scrap yards than C5 estates, and most of the 407SW have had leather seating.
You have seen (recent) cars in scrap yards! - you've seen scrap yards recently enough to remember them?

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have been to scrap yards (well, one) recently, but I do not know if, for example, the seats from a 407SW are compatible with a C5 MK1 estate. The reason I asked was if anybody had tried, and what the results were. This would be useful not only for myself, but anybody else in the same situation.