Xantia windscreen demister

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

noodle

Xantia windscreen demister

Post by noodle »

I have a Xantia 2.0 16v Exclusive (1998) and have a problem in that I cannot get any air to blow onto the windscreen. All the heater control cables work fine and the gate for the windscreen demister path opens and closes.
This model has climate control which features automatic control of air to the front windscreen. Anybody know how the automatic control works, or where the motor/gate is located for this function?
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Andrew
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

On mine (1.8 16v SX, Mk II, '98) it seems that all flaps are cable operated from the lever, except the flap mixing hot and cold air, which is obviously driven by the motor. From my remembering, when I replaced the bulb on climate controls, there were 3 cables connected to the lever. Don't see the reason why there would be additional, motor driven flap for windscreen, although can't tell for sure.
Also, I noticed that, when the blower is set to AUTO and air-distribution lever moved fully to the right (windscreen only), blower starts to blow on highest speed, so there must be also a potentiometer on that lever, so that A/C ECU is aware of this position.