C4 grand Picasso rear brakes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Shaunmajor
New User
My Cars: Pug309gti
Picasso c4 1.6hdi

C4 grand Picasso rear brakes

Post by Shaunmajor »

Hello everyone , first post so be gentle with me lol , right I own a 12plate 1.6hdi grand Picasso , now since owning the car I've had nothing but problems with rear brakes - first off I was advised the pads needed doing on its first mot so I had them done at a garage - all seemed fine for the first day then it started ------, first off you went round a corner and it was making a grinding noise as bad as if the disc was rubbing on something and a knocking coming from the rear , so took it back to garage they couldn't find anything wrong and checked all the work done , so got home and whipped the wheels off myself to have a look and couldn't see anything wrong - well in the end it was in and out of Citroen roughly 5-6 times to find the problem - they put it down to a handbrake cable (not convinced ) seemed OK for a week n then it went again they said caliper was to tight??? Well it seemed to be ok till recently pads and discs was needed for mot this time - meaning the pads lasted 12 months - not right that ain't I thought they should last longer than the front ones - so Citroen did em with a brake fluid change £324 later when I stopped crying they are doing the knocking and scraping again - anyone else had this problem at all ????