going to look at replacement body shell

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chris citro
My Cars: i own a 2cv
ds

going to look at replacement body shell

Post by chris citro »

going to look at replacement body shell tomorrow for my 2cv . Malcolm ( citronut ) first resorted her about 15 years ago with my daughter Claire .
Claire and i plan to do the body change our self , should not be too difficult as we do have Malcolm Citroen manuals and Claire helped him to do it the first time around . any advise would be welcome though . we are hoping to get it finished by September :)
chris citro
ds

Re: going to look at replacement body shell

Post by chris citro »

i forgot to ask dose anyone know if and how you can fit proper seat belts to the back seats
so we can fit children seats in the back
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

Post by BenC5HDi »

Hi Chris, I've done two of these reshells in the past with my brother (we did one in a weekend on my gran's driveway!) and I'll be more than happy to pop down and help out / advise.

I'm not sure how to put proper belts in the rear though. I'm sure someone will have done it...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Nice gesture Ben. Good luck Chris ! A nice project
BenC5HDi
Not Mike

Post by BenC5HDi »

Malcolm helped me out often enough! With these reshells, it's not too complicated, but it's handy to know when the grinder/massive hammer/muscle can be used without fear :)

I'd think reshelling is simpler than a chassis change, which is what we did as all the mechanicals don't need to come off :)

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

You know, I just can't get over the helpfulness of people on here. This forum, as well as being about keeping our elderly, and not so elderly in the case of c5x7 and c6, going to the best of out abilities, it is doing a but of restoring my faith in basic humanity, which over various events between 10 and 3 years ago had been totally shattered.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
BenC5HDi
Not Mike

Post by BenC5HDi »

If anyone fancies a run down to Hastings on the day with me once Chris is ready, with a bit of muscle (3 people minimum) we can have the body off and the new one in place in a few hours. Me, my bro and a friend lifted the shell off his old 2cv - me at the back, one of them on each side, ourselves with no hoists or machinery! We put it back the same way.

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

The more hands the merrier. If it co-incided with me collecting the xantia then I would gladly come and do what I can. I can't really lift too much but I can sure work a kettle and make sarnies etc. As well as swearing in Japanese! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

I can help if a weekend ;)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:You know, I just can't get over the helpfulness of people on here. This forum, as well as being about keeping our elderly, and not so elderly in the case of c5x7 and c6, going to the best of out abilities, it is doing a but of restoring my faith in basic humanity, which over various events between 10 and 3 years ago had been totally shattered.
Davie, that's bloody fantastic :D

I can tell you this forum did much the same for me...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

I could give a hand, any day of the week (retired) Only problem away in France from 18th April until the end of July. August would be possible.
Could then also have a chat with John re his handbrake, mine only scrapped through last year on the 3008
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

If I'm around I'll lend a hand on the day. I can only do weekends though :(
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
chris citro
ds

Post by chris citro »

thank you all for the offers of help .went to look at body shell today .it was someone who malcolm knew though the garage trade .
the body shell is ok dose need a bit of welding . i did get a bit of a :o .when i asked him how much he would change for the welding and paint the area that would need painting.
he said that he would repair and give it a full respray all in the cost of the body shell .for the price he had ready told me if i brought the paint .
and he would start sorting it out at the weekend. :-D and get it done as quickly as possible . :)
i though i would add some photo of Violet as she is now before we start link to new photos of violet http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/chris ... s.jpg.html
Last edited by chris citro on 19 Apr 2016, 07:48, edited 2 times in total.
chris citro
ds

Post by chris citro »

BenC5HDi wrote:Malcolm helped me out often enough! With these reshells, it's not too complicated, but it's handy to know when the grinder/massive hammer/muscle can be used without fear :)

I'd think reshelling is simpler than a chassis change, which is what we did as all the mechanicals don't need to come off :)

when malcolm rebuit Violet about 15 years ago their was 4 of us that lleft the body shell . but then it was a complate rebuld she had a new chassis engine rebuld ,macolm gas flowed the engine and the whole car was painted inside and out ,
chris citro
ds

Post by chris citro »

daviemck2006 wrote:The more hands the merrier. If it co-incided with me collecting the xantia then I would gladly come and do what I can. I can't really lift too much but I can sure work a kettle and make sarnies etc. As well as swearing in Japanese! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
their will be cup :teabag: : and food . an extra pair of hand to help would be good