Installing a tablet on Xantia1's dashboard

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MisterClaude
My Cars: 1997 Xantia Activa 2.0 Turbo CT
1997 Xantia SX 1.8i 16V
2006 Citroen C4 VTS, 2.0 HDI

Installing a tablet on Xantia1's dashboard

Post by MisterClaude »

Hello everyone. First of all, I want to let you know that this is my 1st post here and that I'm very excited to be a part of this community. My name is Claudiu, I'm from Romania and my favorite toy is a Xantia Mk1, 1.8i 16v.
Now that the introduction has been made, let's cut to the chase:
As I said, I have a Mk1 Xantia. For some time now I was thinking about installing a tablet (i have a 8 inch one but I suppose I could buy a 7" one if the 8" is too big). The idea behind this is to make it look like it's integrated in the dashboard, that "it belongs" there. I don't want to just stick it somewhere with duct tape :))
I was thinking that I could fit it in front of the car stereo (somehow that the tablet would replace that sliding door that covers the stereo) and use a cable pulled from behind in order to charge it (i already have a dual usb charger installed, linked directly to a 12v cable from behind the cigarette lighter unit - i hate seeing the cables).
Also, another important factor would be the mobility. I don't plan to fiddle around with the tablet all day, but it would be great to be able to remove it every once in a while, so gluing it it's not an option.
I was wondering if some of you guys already did this to a Xantia and maybe provide some useful ideas (or maybe even pictures).
Thank you very much,
I'm not trapped with them. They are trapped with me.