EGS / new clutch - how to calibrate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Loke
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
Citryen Dyane
Citroen 2CV

EGS / new clutch - how to calibrate

Post by Loke »

Hi folks!

First post at this forum, and first clutch change on EGS modell. Many on 2CVs and Dyanes... :-)

The gearbox have been out, new, disk, new clutc and new dualmass flywheel was replaced. Gearbox inn. So far , so good! When starting the car it "jumps" like when starting a manual car in 1ste gear with the clucth out.

Of course a lot of errors messasges, and the yellow "engine"-lamp came on :-(

How too set the EGS-system, and make the system work with a new clutch? Or; is it possible to force the gearbox in to "N", so that I can tow the car to Citroen garage, in order to make the calibration..?

Best regards
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: EGS / new clutch - how to calibrate

Post by RichardW »

Some info here http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=54343

Is this they type with the slave cylinder in the bell housing, or an external one? If the internal did you replace the slave cylinder? I imagine you need a Lexia to bleed the system, and then re-set the gearbox actuator.
Richard W
Loke
Citryen Dyane
Citroen 2CV

Post by Loke »

I think it is the internal type, because I didn see anything looking like a slave cylinder.
and, no - didnt change it..... I do have a Lexia
Loke
Citryen Dyane
Citroen 2CV

Post by Loke »

Update;

With Lexia I did a chek on all the gears via the gear actuator, depressurised, bleed and pressuride the clutch actuator. No fault.

Then I run the "the clutch biting point" proccedure, and when it came to the 4th gear, the process stopped. Make a re-run, and it stopped in the 6th gear. And then......, the car went into "Economi mode", even thoug I had a power backup.

Never the less - charged the battery over night, and supported with a startbooster and i charger the next day - with the same result. But this time the gearbox was "absent" in the Lexia. Still a managed to start the procedure, but ist stops, and show a list of errors.

Ok, so this is what happening; Ignition "on". Display show 6th gear. When hitting the break, I hear the gear shift, and the display change to "N". But only for a sec or two, the the "N" starts to blink, and the 6th gear is still engange.

We decided to get he car to a Citr garage nearby, but the car was parked nose-in, in the garage. Every time I hit the brakes, the wheels was free for 2 or 3 second. So we towed it carefully with a Jumpy, and for some reason i started (with the engine running the right way...). The display showed "N".

With the benefit of high site, we towed the car to the Citr garage, in "N" and with the engine ideling. When it was firmly parked there (nose out...), I, with respect, put the lever in "M". Nothing happend. The display didnt change, and the car didn`t move - the same with "R". So, i stopped the car, and of c o u r s e tried to start it again. But no, the it was back to stuck in 6th.

So what am I up to here......?
Loke
Citryen Dyane
Citroen 2CV

Post by Loke »

Ok, today the verdict was ready; the bearing is broken - the gearbox must out, on e again....

Its like EUR 300,- for new OE bearing. Any suggestion on where to bye on the web..?
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Eurocarparts sell a bearing for about £70, not sure if you could get one in Norway.
We lays change these.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami