Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI No power, power loss

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RM206

Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI No power, power loss

Post by RM206 »

Hi

I have an 2005 1.4HDI Peugeot 206. My big problem is lack of power ! Very slow 0-60mph (around 45 sec)! Difficult then to get past 60mph, even on slight hills at 50 in 4th at more than 3000rpm it looses speed... This is my 2nd 1.4HDI and the difference between the two is incredible ! Also normally I would get around 60mpg from normal driving. With this car I am only getting 30mpg... There are no falt codes, EGR is fine, no brake bind, cat has been replaced, all filters and oil are new, maf has been unplugged ect, no difference, turbo has been checked and fuel system has been cleaned/flushed. I am sort of lost on what to do next. Liked this car for its "adequate" power and low fuel consumption and am left with something that need miles and miles to reach 70 and does 30mpg.
The one thing I am not sure about is if it is intermittent, sometimes I feel it goes well but other times I find it frustratingly slow. But I have a feeling this is just me ! So please don't take that statement to seriously it is just to sort of keep in mind.

I would be very greatfull for any ideas or advice

Thanks
Rory
2005 Peugeot 206 1.4L hdi
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI No power, power loss

Post by daviemck2006 »

I had a fiests 1.4 tdci van, the same engine as that which did that. Sometimes seemed ok but the economy was crap. I can't help you, it was in a few garages and never got to the bottom of it. I got fed up and sold it at a loss.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Sounds similar to this one: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=54684

Lighty points the finger at the turbo solenoid valve. I don't know about the 1.4, but on the 1.6 you can see the turbo actuator mech, and check that it is free to move up and down, and springs back reasonably quickly. If you could get it on a Diagbox you might be able to see what the boost pressure is; and it might give some idea what the solenoid is doing.
Richard W
RM206

Post by RM206 »

Hi

Thanks for your replys, It resembles the mensioned post yes but here even at 4000rpm there is little power. It has been to two garages now and still nothing. I had a look this evening and finaly got somone to press the accelerator to check (as in the mensionsd post) the turbo actuator, and it does not move, I have removed the pipe and pressurized it before now and all seemed fine so a bit wired that it doesn't move ? Am I correct in saying the valve releases the turbo pressure in the inlet system ?
The turbo may well be the issue as there is no boost pressure sensor, so no readings on diagbox (have one) and the hole system is mechanical.
I am having a look tomorrow with someone and will post back any finds, in the meantime time any help or suggestions are welcome !
2005 Peugeot 206 1.4L hdi