ZX Stereo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oilyspanner
My Cars:

ZX Stereo

Post by oilyspanner »

The Stereo on my ZX Keeps disconnecting itself sometimes in mid journey,losing the code I am now a dab hand at putting the code in whilst driving, suggestions anyone?
Stewart
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

get a decent stereo? ;)
...mind you it's something I haven't got round to!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Is it connected in properly or has someone butchered the wiring. Proper leads etc are available at reasonable prices.
jeremy
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

Most likely you have a faulty connection somewhere in the 'permanent live' circuit, which maintains your code. Have a look at this link to help you find your problem, it lists the block connections.
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=5120
sooty
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

My ZX radio (original) always comes up with "code" when first switched on, but sorts itself out in a few secs and works fine.. I once thought it was faulty, and to make things worse, I entered the wrong code [:I] I ended up havig to leave it on showing - - - for about 4 hours before it re-set and asked for code again.. Then I entered the right code and "saved". [:I] [:o)] I leave well alone now. [;)]
Russell

Post by Russell »

Hi
It sounds to me as if the power supply is being interrupted with a dodgy or intermittent connection. The radio is likely to have a permanent fused 12V feed (could be the fuse connection too). Might be worth checking where it gets it's ground (0V) connection from too, make sure it's not loose.
cheers
Russell [:)]