MK3 C5 "Exclusive" Trim All Seem Different?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IHateMySelf
My Cars: Citroen C5 HDI 2.2 Auto 2001 (51)

MK3 C5 "Exclusive" Trim All Seem Different?

Post by IHateMySelf »

Hi I've set my mind on buying a MK3 C5, and the car I end up buying I plan to keep for years to come so must have the all the goodies that I want... mainly Hydra3+ a sunroof and double glazed windows.

Now, from what I read Citroen offered double glazing as an "option" but was standard on the Exclusive trim. The problem is, does this include all Exclusive models? Because every Exclusive on autotrader I've looked at so far has a completely different interior from the last, some have leather, some have sport seats, some have no sat nav, some have no sunroof.... It's very strange.

The worst part is when I ask over the phone if the car has Hydra3+ suspension, the trader simply replies "all Citroen's have that...." which is even more annoying because I know thats not the case.

My question is, can I retrofit the double glass later by simply swapping them out? If thats the case, then I will only focus on finding a C5 with a sunroof and HM3+ as the rest can be retrofitted at a later date.... satnav, comfy leather seats etc....

Thanks!
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: MK3 C5 "Exclusive" Trim All Seem Different?

Post by SaabC5 »

All Exclusives come with Hydro suspension and triple laminated side glass. Sat nav is rare as is the sun roof due to climate being fitted as standard. 1/2 leather sport seats are also standard, leather is quite rare as is lane departure warning and strangley enough front parking sensors.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

ALL X7 Exclusives have HA+3....

What production year are you looking at ?

Early Sat-Nav systems only search on the first 3 digits, which makes it particularly pointless
I "THINK" again, all Exclusives have double glazing as standard fit......VTR's as an option ? If I am wrong I would think all the rubbers/seals/guides ect differ as I would think they are thicker. What do you do about the bonded glass ?
Seats were an option between Sports and leather....the leather will be hard to find and not cheep if you do.

C5's are very complicated electronic beasts, simple "swap overs" are often not as easy as earlier types as they have way more control ecu's ect.....just ask our Croatian friend. (he will be your main advisor I would think as he has stuffed into his VTR spec about everything you can that is practicable
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

You can download the current brochures for the c5 from here http://www.citroen.co.uk/new-cars-and-v ... ive-luxury - there are separate ones for the saloon and the tourer (estate).

I've just bought a 2-1/2 year old C5 Exclusive Tourer with the Techno pack. It had to be the Exclusive as I wanted Hydractive suspension. According to the brochure there are no other extras fitted. I would have like full leather and xenon lights but they seem to be a bit rare. The handbook that came with the car is dated 2012 so I suspect that is when the specification was laid down. There are more engines listed in the handbook so it looks as though the later cars reduced the choice available. I'm very happy with the 163hp 2.0HDi though.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There were 2 leather options on the exclusive - a half leather and a full leather upgrade. The full leather was an expensive option and includes the electric, heated seats with a massage function for the driver, plus electronic lumber and shoulder adjustment.
Full Leather:

This is the unit I have. It is the Navidrive 3D NG4 system (so called as in certain areas in Europe - especially cities, the maps are presented in 3 dimensions - so you can see the buildings on either side as you drive past). This also has the High Definition colour screen. This has the voice command system, Bluethooth connectivity, plus an independent built-in telephone that takes a SIM card of your choice. You can switch between the internal phone or your Bluetooth phone. The internal phone also serves to contact the emergency services in the event of a severe impact. Depending on whether the car has fired any airbags - what direction the car is currently in and the impact severity will determine what info is sent to the emergency services, but will include your GPS coordinates, your car make, model and VIN, plus the last few legs of the journey for the previous 15 minutes or so (IIRC) recorded on the hard drive by the system. You can also contact Citroen Emergency breakdown / assistance with the press of a dedicated button - or the SOS to make an emergency call too. It plays DVDs, has separate audio and Video inputs in the glovebox, will play WMA and MP3 files on either an SD card or via the internal Hard drive Jukebox function. Also has TMC and this integrates with any active navigation.
There was another Navigation system fitted - the RT4 I believe, that also had a large colour screen , but the one on the RT4 systems is not High Def.
Navidrive 3D

Here's a Tourer, but shown here with both the Bi-directional Xenons and the Front parking assistance and Gap measurement sensors (look closely on the wing) so you can see what to look out for.
In addition to the active directional lighting, this system also has dynamic angular lighting that lights up on bends at low speeds and at junctions when the wheel is turned. It's invaluable in the country!

As Stu says, the Exclusive has triple glazed windows (a layer of plastic and 2 glass) to sound deaden the cockpit further and prevent the 'smash and grab' fraternity from legging it with the crown jewels whilst you're stopped at the traffic lights. The Exclusive also has the 'Ambient' lighting option that is like an aircraft cockpit, throwing subtle lights on key areas and the flooring that change according to the outside lighting. The door storage pockets have sensors in to detect your hands and light up accordingly when you put your hand in. The exclusive also has the driver's welcome function - where the driver's seat will move back to let you in and close back to position when the car is started.
Further, the exclusive has dual memory positions for the drivers seat so you can programme it for a lanky 7 footer or a midget and it will adjust the seats, both exterior mirrors and the climate control settings - perfect!

LDWS
Lane Departure Warning System was an option on the Exclusive and gives your derriere a nudge on the left or right via the seat according to the left or right lines you have crossed at speed when you don't indicate.

The Hydractive 3+ suspension is standard on the Exclusive, but was available on some earlier VTR+ I believe. The only difference within the Hydractive 3+ systems on the C5 X7 range is that the 6 cylinder variants also have the 'variable damping' system fitted in addition, with a separate suspension ECU and additional height sensors on the front struts. It was formerly called AMVAR and fitted to certain high end models of the Citroen C6.

The Exclusives for sure have Tyre Pressure Monitoring systems for puncture and deflation detection - very useful. Also, they have the auto electro-chromed rear view mirror, and electro-chromed wing mirrors - both of which are indexable when in reverse gear (great for saving the alloys on the kerbs stones)

I don't have the sunroof option on mine - and to be honest I don't miss having it (from previous XMs). Also, as I have the leather and spend ages keeping it nice and supple, I wouldn't want any grit and other 'feathered friend' deposits dropping in thanks.

There's probably other things that I've forgotten, but there's a few pointers for you! :-D
On the Tourers from 2010 there was a reversing Camera fitted on exclusives too.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

GiveMeABreak wrote:Also, they have the auto electro-chromed rear view mirror, and electro-chromed wing mirrors - both of which are indexable when in reverse gear (great for saving the alloys on the kerbs stones)
I don't think my exclusive has electro-chromed mirrors nor are they indexable.

I have the sunroof which makes it nice and light but it don't open.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: MK3 C5

Post by Paul-R »

mooseshaver wrote:I don't think my exclusive has electro-chromed mirrors nor are they indexable.
There's certainly no mention of this in the catalogue. I haven't been able to check the indexing on my car but they're definitely not auto-dimming.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Mine are indexing/no auto dip, seats are Half Leather 2x Memory, door pockets/mood lights. No sunroof, No SatNav
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

mooseshaver wrote:
GiveMeABreak wrote:Also, they have the auto electro-chromed rear view mirror, and electro-chromed wing mirrors - both of which are indexable when in reverse gear (great for saving the alloys on the kerbs stones)
I don't think my exclusive has electro-chromed mirrors nor are they indexable.
I have the sunroof which makes it nice and light but it don't open.
Just to be clear - If you have the exclusive - look at the rear view mirror - you should have a button on there that you can press to switch it to Auto or off. On AUTO, it will automatically tint according to the amount of light coming in. When reversing it will always clear. Maybe yours is switched off i.e. not on Auto? Anyway if you have the button it is electrochrome.
It should be the same for the wing mirrors - if you have the button that shifts back the mirrors will fold back. They too should tint / un-tint according to the amount of light. I'm trying to dig up a brochure from 2008 / 2009 to check out the options in case they were part of any option packs, but no luck so far.

Marc
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Ah yes....mine does that, I thought you were talking about the door mirrors auto dipping.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Paul-R wrote:
mooseshaver wrote:I don't think my exclusive has electro-chromed mirrors nor are they indexable.
There's certainly no mention of this in the catalogue. I haven't been able to check the indexing on my car but they're definitely not auto-dimming.
Stickyfinger wrote:Mine are indexing/no auto dip, seats are Half Leather 2x Memory, door pockets/mood lights. No sunroof, No SatNav
Chaps - I feel the pain :-({|= , but if you look in the handbook (owners manual), page 62, it doesn't distinguish - it would appear to be one or the other - a manual mirror or the electrochrome; but the heading states "Electrchromatic exterior / interior mirrors" My handbook is dated dated 9/9/08 for reference.
Cue mass exodus of members now going to have another look! :-D
Best way of checking is to make sure the rear view mirror is activated (Auto on and green light showing), then if your wing mirrors are tinted, put the car into reverse gear and keep your eye on the mirrors - do they lighten?

Marc
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Sorry it's my wing mirrors that are not electro whatnot.
My rear view mirror is though. But it has no on off button. It's always on.
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

I think the door pocket lights stopped when the 2010 model came out?
DRL arrived in 2010 too?
Along with the 163 bhp 2.0 hdi
Gone cars.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

DRLs are on the 2008 models, they changed to an LED strip inside the lower edge of the headlamp from 2010. Previous models have dedicated DRLs at the bottom of the headlamp ( newer LED model shown on tourer pick above). The DRLs for uk market were not sold activated as wasn't law. They can easily be activated using the Lexia though. I also changed my HP24W bulbs for LEDs after one failed ( £40 a pop at dealer plus fitting as they will partly remove bumper) although if you have spindle fingers and a won't be beaten will, it can be done without removing the bumper!
Not sure if the pocket lighting was removed but it should be part of the ambience lighting option. I could be wrong on that, but if so what a bloody stupid idea and what does that solve I have to ask?!

Marc
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Door pocket lights are great....it shows you that you cannot fit anything in the door pocket
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider