My very first car was (and is) a 1974 Citroën DS 23 IE. (My second was a 1985 Citroën CX TRS 22, that I have since sold as it was in too bad shape to start work on it.) I still own it and it holds a special place in my heart. Along with my Xantia, but for different reasons.
But without further ado, here are some pictures of it:
Off the top of my head, I have done the following on the car:
- Replaced its water pump.
- Installed a 1-2-3 Ignition.
- Repaired its height regulator's front wheel flow back pipe, as it was clogged, so the front wheels would not go down.
- Replaced its hydraulic return pipe as it became leaky.
- A gaffe-tape-like solution to its after marked fuel pump, which appears to be working.
- Fitted more sound proofing underneath its windscreen.
Unfortunately, we've discovered that water was leaking into the oil, so now I have sent it to a motor renovation. They expect the price to be between £4,000 and £5,000, but considering its otherwise excellent condition (no rust), I am willing to spend that amount on it.
But it will require a new head gasket, new cylinder head, new pistons, new valves, new cam followers among other things. Fortunately, the camshaft is fine, so that won't need replacing. I am also having its clutch plate replaced while the engine is out.
So I have not seen my car since November, and I miss it. Fortunately, Spring is anew and soon its repairs will be finished. Unfortunately, the shop we are trying to get the new pistons from are not very competent and keeps sending the wrong pistons.