CAR ALARM ISSUE

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug508sw
My Cars: Peugeot 508 SW 2.0 diesel

CAR ALARM ISSUE

Post by Pug508sw »

Hi, my 61 reg. Peugeot 508sw 2.0 HDI has always had an issue with the car alarm since I bought it may 2015 It has intermittent times where I lock the car and ~ 1 minute later the car alarm will go off, I know that is has a double lock on it second lock to activate the alarm, But the alarm would still go off with a single lock, I have lost count on how many times it has done this. It happens in the most places car park at home, parking blocks, on side streets, and at other times it will not happen for about a month and then will happen again... Do I have a circuit fault maybe?

any advice would be great as it is really beginning to get on my nerves. Just so you know it does not have any warranty etc. on the vehicle

Thanks in advance
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: CAR ALARM ISSUE

Post by RichardW »

I think if you get it on Diagbox you will be able to see what is setting the alarm off. There's a list of members here: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178 who've got the kit and may be able to help out if there's someone local to you.
Richard W
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I think the alarm will arm with a single or a double press ? I think the double press is only for the deadlocking.
Try arming the alarm with the interior sensors disabled & see if it still goes off. you need to do this every time you lock the car.
Pug508sw
My Cars: Peugeot 508 SW 2.0 diesel

Post by Pug508sw »

I disabled the interior sensors yesterday and it has did not go off. The alarm has still not gone off since and that's without disabling the interior alarm again. I think it might be a case of hooking it up to a Diagbox to see what is causing it to go off. Thank you for your advice I will keep updating if it carries on still and what the cause is after a Diag read.