Xantia door locks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caeclyd
My Cars:

Xantia door locks

Post by caeclyd »

Hi,
I have a 95 TD Xantia and I am unable to lock the rear doors. basically the car is a runaround and I am not bothered about the central locking.
I can lock the front doors both internally and with the key but I am unable to lock the rear doors [V]
I have removed the fuse and used wd40 on the latch mechanism, this did not help.
Any suggestions on how I can lock the rear doors without using the central locking mechanism ?
Rory
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

Forgot to mention that there is not a whisper from the rear door lock motor's
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hmmmm....
To be honest it seems you ran dry on the simple solutions [8)]
Even if the car is just a runaround - any problem that's more than a nuisance must then be attended to with regular repairs [;)]
I hope you don't think the same way on safety aspects on this runaround car [|)]
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

Anders,
Thank you for responding. I was seeking a simple solution as I am the only person using this car to and from work .
I would not be so stupid as to compromise on essential safety aspects of the vehicle i.e tyres and routine maintenance etc.
The car has 210,000 miles on the clock and is in good condition (apart from the central locking )
From the lack of response from the forum I guess there must be no alternative but to try and repair the c/locking motors.
Thanks,
Rory