How to unlock Peugeot immobilizer KeyPad?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave1987

How to unlock Peugeot immobilizer KeyPad?

Post by Dave1987 »

Recently I bought a second hand Peugeot 106. The car came with a remote key which did not work that well. When I tried to start the vehicle with the remote, the car broke down with immobilizer light on. I told the dealer about this, and he wanted to charge me 200USD for resetting the immobilizer!!!

After a week searching i finally got the problem solved,at $21.5 only. I hooked up a Lexia3 Peugeot Citroen KeyPad Immobilizers code calculator. The dealer told me the tool can read the original code, change the code or disable it. I followed seller advice and ordered one. The tool arrived with an adapter and a CD contained its software. http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/p-eug ... e-502.html

How to unlock my immobilizer with Peugeot Citroen KeyPad:
Step 1. Install the Peugeot Citroen KeyPad software in your PC.

Step 2. Plug the adapter into the car.

Step 3. Open the “peu&cit.exe”.

Step 4. Choose car model and corresponding engine type.

Step 5. Click “Start” button, then it can read the original code, change the code or disable it.
Last edited by Dave1987 on 06 Jan 2017, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: How to unlock Peugeot immobilizer KeyPad?

Post by spider »

The dealers software *cannot* read the keypad code. The same way the dealers software cannot adjust the mileage (well not in the way you'd want!) , the item you linked to I've seen before ;) Its not in an accessible part of the flashrom which is why Planet/Lexia cannot read it. In theory it would be possible to modify (they could do it if they really wanted to) the diag program to get it though.

Good little tool though, without wanting to sound odd I'd recommend you virus scan the software that came with it though.

On another make that I won't mention, its not possible to obtain transponder codes for cars > 2006. Even the dealer does not posses them. To have a key coded they connect their diag direct to the manufacturer. A 'third party' dongle is available to 'read' the code out from the ECU (same as you have above in a way)

Regarding Keypads generally: They will reset of their own accord after an hour. In some cases, it may be necessary to leave the ignition on (position II) for that length of time. Turning it off/on will make it 'restart' its counter, a bit like a locked radio code. Its not possible however to have them 'lockout forever'

If it was displaying both red/green lights it indicates a fault usually. No response or flashing red (with ignition on) usually means its "locked" :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG