Xantics latest C5

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Xantic

Re: Xantics latest C5

Post by Xantic »

Well we have had the C5 for a few weeks now, Although i use the German car for work on the weekends it's C5 time.

Been off work this week and out everyday in the C5, Very comfortable, Not fantastic on fuel economy comparing to other cars i have had, EG Xantias, Picasso, Jaguar and even the German Passat but, It's ok and i am not complaining.

The car runs smooth and comfortable, although cornering i have to slow down in the C5, The Passat will go around bends with ease but the C5, you have to take your time.

The auto gearbox is far superior on the Passat compared to the C5. I did ask her indoors tonight, " shall we use the VW for tomorrows day out ". Why she said, all my things are in the C5, so i take it she prefers the C5, Myself i like a change now and then.

All in all the C5, so far anyway is going well, Lets hope it stays that way as i am only a poor truck driver. Apart from a wash and a polish and the odd occasion of putting fuel in it, then there's no complaints at anything to report, other than what i have just wrote.
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone.
The C5 is still with me, yes i have kept it.

It is mainly used as a weekend car, passed it's last MOT without any trouble at all.
Still enjoying it.

I did say i would not be on the forum very much due to working 6 days a week but i thought i would log in and say hello.
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello, and may the best of 2016 be the worst of 2017.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!