Citroen Synergie 2.0 hdi 2001 engine light on

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shahidocean

Citroen Synergie 2.0 hdi 2001 engine light on

Post by shahidocean »

Guys the engine warning light came on today. I drove it around it has power and acceleration and seems perfectly ok.
I'm a couple of hundred miles away from home visiting family. I need to drive back tommorow before I can get it checked
any ideas. I have been hearing a humming/whining noise very quite runs for about 5 minutes after the cars stops, and if i accelerate hard in cold weather I get a little white smoke I wonder if these are related. Should I call the aa for a tow ?
Peter.N.
Donor 2020

Re: Citroen Synergie 2.0 hdi 2001 engine light on

Post by Peter.N. »

There are any number of reasons for the light to come on, if it drives OK and there are no obvious faults like overheating or low oil pressure I wouldn't worry about it.

Peter
ken newbold

Post by ken newbold »

I dunno what the cause is, but I had one the same, it ran ok and I remember hearing the noise you describe. But it didn't seem to bother it at all.
shahidocean

Post by shahidocean »

heah good news guys the light just went out by itself so its fixed ! I filled up with fuel from the opposite side of the pump and it overflowed I put the cap and then drove about 200 miles.
The light came on the following day. Before I left for the return journey I opened the cap briefly and shortly after the light just went out. Could that have caused it ? The car is all fine runs like a rocket.