Fan Switch not working in positions 1-3

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pete27
My Cars: Peugeot Partner Tepee Outdoor

Fan Switch not working in positions 1-3

Post by Pete27 »

Hi
I have a Peugeot Partner Tepee Outdoor and the heater fan switch has stopped working on positions 1-3 but still blowing a gale on position 4. Is it going to be a new switch or at the fan end.
Cheers
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Fan Switch not working in positions 1-3

Post by RichardW »

Hi Pete

Welcome along.

It will be the resistor pack, not sure where it is on a Tepee - it may be part of the fan unit. If you post up the last 8 digits of the VIN I'll look it up and find a Pug part no (and price, but you can find it elsewhere much cheaper!).
Richard W
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'd concur in 99.9% of cases it is the resistor pack if it works on 'full' but not the other speeds as the 'pack' is in effect bypassed at full speed.

I'd assume given logic it has to be in the air intake system somewhere for the heater, possibly near the blower motor but the 'idea' of having them in the intake iair stream is to keep them cool.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Fan appears to be in the driver's foot well, and the resistor is fitted into the bottom of the duct in the same location.
Richard W
Pete27

Post by Pete27 »

Sorry for slow response. My last 8 digits on the Vin No is BJ674863. Thanks for the help.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'd look and remove the blower fan then from the passenger footwell and hopefully with a bit of light you'll see the resistor unit itself.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Reference Description Quantity Price - VAT Price + VAT

0000648055 CONTROL RESISTR 32.35 GBP 38.82 GBP
Richard W
Pete27

Post by Pete27 »

Thanks for the info. First chance I get I'll take some panels off and have a look at the resistor. Funny, I've spent the last few weeks sorting electrical faults on the wife's fiesta and then my one starts playing up.
Pete27

Post by Pete27 »

Ok. So I'm trying to get the panels off to find the resistor pack. I have taken the two small panels off in both footwells. Found the two screws holding the centre console ( its probably not called that but its got the gear lever mounted on it). I gave the centre console a tug but it appears that the panel under the steering column has got to come out, but I think the designer was into chinese puzzles because for the life of me I can't see how to get it out. There are two little clips in the adjoining panel that you can push forward but nothing seems to loosen off. I am sure there is a knack to it as I have played this game on other cars, but I have also broken off a few clips tugging them the wrong direction. So if anyone has any tips on getting all the panels off I would be glad to hear them.
Pete27

Post by Pete27 »

Ignore my previous post. Just been trying a new yoga position, well thats what it felt like. Flat on my back half in the car and half out of it and found I was trying to get the wrong panel out. Got the panel out with the little clips on it and found the underside of the fan and what I assume is the resistor pack mounted just next to the fan. I thought I would come and update my prevous post before I continue. What the hell did I want to take the centre console off for. Heres hoping!!!!!