207 Cuts Out Very Intermittently

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

207 Cuts Out Very Intermittently

Post by CitroJim »

I'm currently running Robyn's 207 as it has a tendency to randomly die in the most inappropriate places. It's been doing this very intermittently on and off for several years now but yesterday it did it four times in one trip and scared poor Robyn stiff, especially when she got abused by a white van man as a result...

It has happened only once since and generally it's only happened once in a blue moon...

Several years ago one garage had a look and declared there was nothing they could do :roll:

Basically, it seems that all that's ignition-switched goes off (including the wireless) and nothing will start up again until the ignition is turned of and back on again and then everything works perfectly...

It's not yet done it with me driving but I'm using it now as much as possible just hoping it will...

Any known issues that can cause this?

Engine is the 1.4 ET3 16V...

Thanks all!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: 207 Cuts Out Very Intermittently

Post by RichardW »

Sounds like it could be a BSI or underbonnet fuse box issue. Does Lexia report anything?
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Richard, my suspicion falls upon the BSI too... No, nothing recorded in Lexia...

I now need to get my head around the BSI and Multiplexing. Never had to so far but now the time has come..

I needs some wiring diagrams and layouts...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

First thing I'm going to try is a BSI reset using this procedure

I also found a recall for this problem on the 207..

Robyn's is way outside the date range for this but still well work a check to eliminate...
Jim

xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

I would go around the car with the engine running, and give a little tap and big thump on each electronic module to try to provoke it.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

xantiav6 wrote:I would go around the car with the engine running, and give a little tap and big thump on each electronic module to try to provoke it.
I will do that as well as disconnect and reconnect all connectors...

It was good all the way to and back from Karate training this evening and can't provoke it by fiddling with the ignition key...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Carried out a BSI reset today... What a palaver to reset the clock! Took the car for a 30 mile drive around various sorts of driving conditions and utterly perfect everywhere... Battery and alternator seem to be fine on test... Wish the damn thing would play up and give me some clues as to where the problem might lie...
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Robyn isn't hanging her handbag on the choke, is she? :-D
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Robyn isn't hanging her handbag on the choke, is she? :-D
:lol: How I long for the days when cars had chokes James!
Jim