Non Starter.....again.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Non Starter.....again.

Post by qprdude »

Been playing up again for a couple of days. AA came out and had a go without success. Started it using easy start :shock: :shock: , but after a few hours it wouldn't start again. :x Thought it might be the HP fuel pump so I had it recovered to main dealers hoping the warranty would cover it :roll: . Unfortunately, it seems that the X7 under-bonnet fuse box is just as dodgy as the earlier cars [-X . Got a call this morning saying did I want it replaced as it wasn't covered by the warranty. My wallet will be lighter by some £270 but if it solves the non starting, I can live with that. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Non Starter.....again.

Post by Stickyfinger »

Bummer...............

Did they say WHY it had failed....can you get the part for someone to inspect it ??
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If it starts with a squirt of easy start that would also suggest to me a fault with the fuel pump or injectors. If it was an electrical fault I would not expect it to stay running after the easy start is used up ??
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Time will tell, but the warranty runs out in June so if it's fuel then hopefully it will be obvious before then. They normally leave the part in the boot, but I won't be getting it inspected. I don't see the point as the new part will be guaranteed for a year, and that may well see the C5 part exchanged.
Rick.

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I would like to inspect it ..............pretty please :@)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Just spoke to the mechanic. He said the fuel system, filter pump, pressure checked out 100%. Definitely the fuse box, which is really much more than a fuse box on these cars. I just want the car running as it should, but if they leave the old box in the boot, you're welcome to it. You'll have to collect it though and I'm many miles from you!
Rick.

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I am often driving past (well every couple of months)......can you keep it for now ?

It is an ever increasing problem and I think it would be a good thing to get a good look at why they are failing, did they say why it went U/S on you or just "its bust init guv"?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I couldn't find anything about why they fail when I was looking at changing the one on our Picasso. It's a network switch with processors and relays on it, not just a fuse box. I think I read that someone had opened up a few but not seen anything obvious (well, unless some of the contacts were burnt, which can happen on some cars).
Richard W
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

I think I read somewhere about poor seals and water ingress but I've not looked at it beyond checking fuses on the top one and it looked clean and dry.
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Seems to be OK so far. Collected on Friday but forgot to ask for the old box. It was chucking it down and I walked from Farnborough station to the garage and I just wanted to pay the bill and get off home.
Rick.

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

OK...
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Sorry about that. Having a bad week all round. Neighbours daughters friend parked half over my drive last night and I couldn't get SWIMBOS car out to take MY daughter to a restaurant with her husband. My side of the drive was clear and my car started OK, but if it hadn't, I was sunk. Had a right go this morning and he was very apologetic. Not only that but the car was parked on the pavement, front wheel on my plastic water meter cover, opposite a legally parked car on the other side of the street blocking it for anything wider than a family saloon. Emergency vehicle? No chance of getting through. I'm afraid the neighbour got the full repertoire and a good description of his visitors driving ability. I think he got the message. I forgot to mention that there was a perfectly good parking space about 5 metres along the road.
Rick.

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

LOL....forgiven then :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Id be worried about the low pressure pump for certain and see about comparing the registered pressures are correct as that's the critical one to starting really unless the high pressure one is really leaking badly past an internal seal/injector, but then you'd get some lumpy running when going as well.
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Don't think the X7 2.2 has a low pressure pump.
Rick.