random 806 hdi fueling problem.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dunky

random 806 hdi fueling problem.

Post by dunky »

I have a y reg 806 2.0 hdi, otherwise fine except for a random fuel supply issue.

"Usually" it will cut out very suddenly at low speeds soon after start up and will do this two or three times in succession. though the problem can happen anytime, except it has never happened at high speed on my regular motorway journeys.

I have noticed that after the engine has stalled, I turn the ignition on and can hear a gurgling/bubbling sound coming from the tank area. I try the ignition a few times and whenever I hear this sound I would be wasting my time trying to start the engine.

However when I listen carefully and hear the pump power up normally, re-starting is successful.

All and any ideas and help would be welcome before I start getting my hands dirty.
Bick

Re: random 806 hdi fueling problem.

Post by Bick »

Idealy you need to carry out a diagnostic but it does sound like it could well be the pump in the tank.

How many miles?
dunky

Re: random 806 hdi fueling problem.

Post by dunky »

155000 miles.

Thanks Bick, I had supposed that the gurgling/bubbling sound would be returning fuel re-entering the tank, that may suggest a blockage/problem further along the fuel line? I believe that the pump in the tank only primes the system and the larger pump engineside would then drag the fuel up.

The symptom is a very definate and sudden shut off of the fuel supply.