anyone changed a starter motor on 207 1.4 petrol

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goatie
My Cars: peugeot 207
picasso

anyone changed a starter motor on 207 1.4 petrol

Post by goatie »

hi folks
got what I think are starter motor solenoid problems with daughters car 207 1.4 petrol
Its an intermittent fault and only started yesterday first really cold morning
turn the key and I can hear the starter motor spinning but its not engaged with the flywheel, try it again this time it may start as normal or maybe third time it starts as normal, sometimes it starts first time on the key
so I think its that the solenoid arm is not pushing/pulling the starter benedix into the flywheel, the solenoid must be working as the starter spins (solenoid closes starter motor contacts)
got the car in the air but just don't see an easy way to get the starter motor out, Haynes manual shows it as easy job & Peugeot software says replacement time is 70 mins
anyone changed a 207 starter motor have you any tips
speedy3
My Cars: 2000 scenic 1.6 sport alize
2003 clio 1.2 dynamique

Re: anyone changed a starter motor on 207 1.4 petrol

Post by speedy3 »

mind your fingers and don't swear to much lol
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: anyone changed a starter motor on 207 1.4 petrol

Post by Lighty »

Yes it's an easy job, remove the air box completely, this will allow you acces to,the top starter bolt which goes the opposite way to the other two.
Acces to the other two bolts is from underneath, these can be a touch fiddly depending on what tools you have. Make sure you transfer the location dowel,from the old starter (assuming there isn't a new one in the replacement unit )
Good luck !
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami