AX Radio Code Problems......

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wrinklet1
My Cars:

AX Radio Code Problems......

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi, we have an AX Desire. Have just had a new clutch fitted and when we have come to turn the radio on the display shows the digits '1214'
Does anyone have any idea why it is showing that? The 'CODE' display didn't show. I know the code for the radio, A local dealer said enter ther code by pressing the buttons, but this didn't help, I also tried entering the code in sequential order, eg. if the code was 3556, then I would press the 1 preset 3 times, 2nd preset 5 times and so on.
Maybe removing the radio for 24 hours may do the trick by flattening the back up memory?
Regards
Paul
johntheshop

Post by johntheshop »

They probably disconected the battery when fitting the clutch and tried any old code to turn the radio to get some music while they worked. On citroen radios if you hold down a set button (mode on mine) for about 3 seconds the code sign comes up then you can reput in your code. If the code has been put in incorect more than 3 times you may have to leave the ignition on for a few hours until the code sign reappears automaticaly.
hope this helps.
john
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Thanks John, U will give it a bash with your ideas, keep you posted