Will Puegeot 207 front sub frame steering box pedal box etc fit into a citroen c3?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Avgeek
My Cars: Citroen c3
Bmw e39 540i

Will Puegeot 207 front sub frame steering box pedal box etc fit into a citroen c3?

Post by Avgeek »

I live in New Zealand. I have the only c3 I have ever seen. It's a 2003 1.4 petrol auto ( pu4 and al4) . It's actually a great car, especially since I'm 6'7", not a lot of small run about cars fit me very well. That being said it has a four speed auto of dubious manufacture(sorry just what I have read) dubious history, and completely lacking maintenance. And I dislike autos intensely!. I also own a pug207 with a pu5 and manual gearbox, that has been written off for cosmetic reasons( kids broke all of the Windows and dented all of the panels) Can you see where this is going? I know both cars were supposedly built on the same platform but can some one tell me what that means please? Will the pu4 fly by wire throttle fit the pu5? Will the exhaust manifold fit? Will the sub frame and steering rack fit? ( The c3 has electric steering and the pug has conventional hydraulic steering and I think the electric steering motor will get in the way of the shift mechanism.) Has any one done this? Or at least can someone who knows more about these cars tell me what I don't know or haven't thought of yet? Thank you in advance
Last edited by Avgeek on 28 Dec 2015, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
Avgeek
Bmw e39 540i

Re: Will Puegeot 207 front sub frame steering box pedal box etc fit into a citroen c3?

Post by Avgeek »

And I apologise in advance. I spelt Peugeot incorrectly
Last edited by Avgeek on 28 Dec 2015, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Will Puegot 207 front sub frame steering box pedal box etc fit into a citroen c3?

Post by xantia_v6 »

I can't answer your question, but you can edit the title of a topic by going to the first post, clicking the edit button and edit the title there.

I think I saw a C3 in Blenheim when I was there last month, and my wife's sister has one in Christchurch (also an auto).
Avgeek
Bmw e39 540i

Re: Will Puegeot 207 front sub frame steering box pedal box etc fit into a citroen c3?

Post by Avgeek »

Thank you. Edit done. What colour was the c3 in Blenheim? Mine is light blue, and I'm in Blenheim regularly.
Avgeek
Bmw e39 540i

Post by Avgeek »

Someone must know something?
If I have to take the motor and trans out to change the filter, which is what I think is probably all that is wrong, it won't be going back in.
I figure if I use the Peugeot sub frame, steering rack and pump, peddle box( that's the one I am most nervous about) drive shafts, and abs , and use the Citroen mounts and computer and loom etc. It should work.......anyone?
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Avgeek wrote: If I have to take the motor and trans out to change the filter, which is what I think is probably all that is wrong
Your earlier post didn't actually mention that there was anything wrong with your transmission. The AL4 seems mostly to suffer from faulty solenoid valves which can be replaced without removing the transmission. (see http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/a ... itesearch= )
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

IU cannot imagine anybody would of done this
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Avgeek
Bmw e39 540i

Post by Avgeek »

I realise it's unlikely anybody has done what I am thinking of trying, I just hoped that people with lots of knowledge of these cars could tell me if it's likely to be possible. Peugeot cars are very common here but not so Citroen s . I have read the threads about the valve issue the al4 has, I pulled the valves out and swapped them over, cleaned up the valve body etc and the fault( only intermittent) has not changed. Plus the condition of the oil( mud) has me thinking that the box is not long for this world.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I would think you will be the first, there a a few good threads where the OP has taken photos and asked questions as they carried on the work.
I am sure you will get help as you go but really only when people can see what is going on.

Most "other" markets have equal supplies of both cars so it is rarely a hardship to get spares of the correct type....hence little/no experience of such swaps.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Avgeek
Bmw e39 540i

Post by Avgeek »

I'm quite new to this( this is my first thread) would it be useful for me to post photos and discoveries as I go? Or is the c3 just too old for people to care? I just like projects, I really like the car(it's35kms to work and that's what I bought it for) and I'm prepared to engineer some workarounds to make it work. I have actually replaced auto trans with manual before(Subaru and bmw) so I know what I'm getting into(or do I?) And I guess the worst that can happen is I find a road block towards the end that means I have to fix and refit the auto. ....