Christmas Presents: What Did We All Get?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Christmas Presents: What Did We All Get?

Post by CitroJim »

This has been an exceptionally good Christmas and some very excellent presents were received :D

Firstly, the one I treated myself to - posing in front of the Activa:

This is a very special bike, a real proper racer that weighs less than a very small feather and goes like the wind. In fact a good gust of wind might blow it away it's so light...

Sian bought me this book:

An absolutely amazing read. Seems a lot of the Simpsons writers are very highly qualified and love to slip maths-based gags into as many shows as possible. This book digs them out and explains them in great detail. I'm thoroughly enjoyng it and recommend it to any Simpsons fan who can digest a bit of calculus, trig and algebra...

Robyn bought me this:

A milk frother for making latte coffee. It works brilliantly too. She also gave me a big box of biscotti she baked herself... They're delicious :-D

Finally, a new apron given by my neighbours for whom I look after their very demanding cats (one a diabetic) when they go away...

I make no comment but see how many H Vans and other Citroens you can count in the picture...

So that's what I got, over to you :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Christmas Presents: What Did We All Get?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I got a few nice things, but the one that stands out (especially at night, it is luminous!) is this;

http://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Pro ... 0.8623.MWN
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Nice collection there Jim.

If you went to the Pickled Egg jukebox-Christmas selection on Youtube, you may have noticed a new playlist which I started today.

Guitarvids

"Peg", and "Pretzel Logic" by Steely Dan are up there at the minute, and with a lot of practice and determination, and hopefully a lot of pleasure, I will be adding these to my repetoire on "my first real six string", bought it at the German Supermarket! (as opposed to the Five and Dime)

Tell you what, as I have said in other threads, makes you really admire the skills of the original musicians, and the good folk on youtube providing a fantastic resource for newbies like myself to learn how to play some of our favourites.

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 26 Dec 2015, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I got a few nice things, but the one that stands out (especially at night, it is luminous!) is this;

I'm disappointed to see it doesn't come fitted with a pick for removing Boy Scouts from horses hooves. Do people no longer need this function in their pen knives ? Has the world moved on ? :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The Ancient Greeks came up with a useful addition to their army knife. It could winkle a philosopher out of a conjugation.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:The Ancient Greeks came up with a useful addition to their army knife. It could winkle a philosopher out of a conjugation.
:rofl2:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

I love the bike, Jim! I got some new pedals for my Bianchi & 2 cycling related books, "It's All About the Bike" by Sean Yates & "In Search of Robert Millar".
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I had emergency dental surgery for Christmas.........(Ch.eve)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I once had toothache on Christmas Day. It ruined the day for me (and put a damper on it for my friends and family, as they were concerned for me). Dental work on Christmas Eve should have meant a better Christmas Day for all.

I was also given one of those 60 LED cordless workshop lamps. I have yet to use it, but I will need to soon.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:I had emergency dental surgery for Christmas.........(Ch.eve)
Ouch! Hope all is OK now Alasdair...
Fake Concern wrote: cycling related books, "It's All About the Bike" by Sean Yates & "In Search of Robert Millar".
I must have a look out for those...
Hell Razor5543 wrote:I got a few nice things, but the one that stands out (especially at night, it is luminous!) is this;

I like that a lot James... I have a traditional one and have had it for donkey's. Comes in very handy very regularly...
Jim

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Yes Jim, all relatively pain free until pressure applied. To be fair I knew it was coming it was the timing of it that was a [pain], better than on the day I suppose so thankful for that.

I did however save quite a bit on the Beef and I am a new fan of soft overcooked sprouts !.......................................pharrrrp
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Pleased to hear that's sorted now Alasdair :D
Stickyfinger wrote: I did however save quite a bit on the Beef and I am a new fan of soft overcooked sprouts !.......................................pharrrrp
Glad I wasn't in your house over the festive season then!
Jim

K-Pug
My Cars: Quite a few RWD Peugeots

Post by K-Pug »

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope it was mostly a good one. My presses were mostly in the form of gift vouchers for places like book and fashion shops, I think my friends and family have realised I'm hard to buy for. I will look out for that book about the Simpson's and their maths secrets at the bookshop Jim, it looks like fun! :)

Also, I'm very sorry to hear about the floods in Northern England. We had some bush fires here in Australia on Christmas day at some towns on the Great Ocean Road. :(
KennyW
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Well Its been a good christmas for me as I have done my time with HM constabulary. I'm on gardening leave and the offical date is 30/01/2016 so I didnt get any presents.

But who needs a present when I can relax and enjoy myself.

This means I can attend some of the rallys next year.

I did buy the C3 for the good lady

Kenny

PS I 've just noticed my joining date 10th anniversery in a couple of weeks. :-D
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent Kenny :D Welcome to the wonderful world of retirement even if for me it is only partial!

And congrats on 10 years membership of the forum... Only just a bit longer than me!!!
Jim