heater resistor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mickrochip
My Cars: 2004 c5 2.0l 16v hdi (facelift model)

heater resistor

Post by mickrochip »

hello , this is my first time here , i am trying to find a part on my car, 2.0l hdi 16v c5,vtr 2004-2008, face lift model,my heater motor is not working on any speed, i am looking for the heater resistor, supposedly in drivers side foot well, i have looked for resistor but cannot find it , can any body please tell me where the offending unit is so that i can replace it, btw my car has air con , and was working well up to about a week ago
thanks for now
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: heater resistor

Post by myglaren »

Hope this helps. Not from my car, can't find my own photo's - as usual.
This is clearly from an automatic but the heater module is in the same place.
This is for the climate control model, standard aircon may be different.
It slots into the airwway so the cooling fins are in the airflow - they don't half get hot - burned myself and melted the footwell mat when min dropped out onto my feet - someone had neglected to fit the screws when it had been replace before I bought the car.

If you need a replacement module they are about £120 from the dealer.
I got my first replacement from the dealer but the one I bought last year (different car) I got from eBay for £20 with a lifetime warranty.

mickrochip

Post by mickrochip »

thank you very much for your quick reply,i have removed all trim from this area including finisher panel to bottom of center console,my car has got dual climate control , if this makes a difference, i will try to upload pictures, but it is a thing that i cannot do at the minute,so please bear with me
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

There is a guide to uploading photo's.

If you get stuck, email the photo's to me - email address is found by clicking the "Contact" button below my avatar and selecting the email option.

If it is dual climate control then this is almost certainly the part you will need.
A bit of a fiddle to get to and a nut spinner like the one in the bottom photo (6mm IIRC) makes the job a lot easier

Here is one on eBay
Not the place I bought mine from - don't recall who they were now.
mickrochip

Post by mickrochip »

hello every body , hope you've all had a merry Christmas , and will have a happy new year, Now down to business, my heater resistor problem, sorry i cant upload any photos, I have checked in the area that you have suggested for the heater resistor, also had thee area checked by my mechanic check the same area , but no resistor, my car is a 54 plate, c5,2,0l hdi 16v 6 speed model,dual climate control, my worry is that i will have to remove dash to find offending unit , by the way i changed the heater motor as the old one would work for a while then stop, then start again, display on dash works with fan symbol filling blades as i turn the speed up an down,can any one tell me the fuses to check for this motor ,
thanks for now
mickrochip