C5 Airbag Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TrojanL200

C5 Airbag Problem

Post by TrojanL200 »

This may be posted in wrong section or have been covered elsewhere. However I recently purchased a Lexia diagnostics kit and got it up and running. Several faults have been found on my Citroen C5 2003. The simple to understand are not much of a problem.... For instance air condition fault is due to it need re- gasing. However there is a airbag fault which comes up and this also comes up on dash readout. Strange thing is airbag light goes off and then a bleep then the words airbag fault comes up on dash central read out. Airbag light stays off. If there is a airbag fault how do you find out which airbag component is faulty.

And finally is there any publications out there with instructions on faults to go with Lexia kit

Thanks in advance Chris
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: C5 Airbag Problem

Post by CitroJim »

TrojanL200 wrote:This may be posted in wrong section
[Split from 'C5 Diagnostic Socket']

For best exposure it possibly was in the wrong section Chris so I've split it off and given it a more descriptive title..

I hope this'll lead to an answer!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
TrojanL200

Post by TrojanL200 »

Cheers mate
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

It would be helpful to know what the fault code message that comes up on Lexia is to help aid diagnosis ??
Just be aware that some C5's don't actually have an airbag light at all, a warning message just comes up on the central display if there is a fault in the system.
TrojanL200

Post by TrojanL200 »

The Lexia just reports same "airbag fault"
My C5 has a airbag warning light on the dash as well as the digital read out on the screen.
I have just bought the Lexia diagnostics kit and for what ever reason there are no user manuals available.
So at present its a learning process in progress in using the Lexia. Lol
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The reason the Lexia doesn't have any manuals is twofold. First, what you have is a clone of PSA proprietary diagnostic equipment. Second, as it can manage a lot of different PSA cars, a manual for the Lexia would have to come with its own trailer (to move it in)!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
TrojanL200

Post by TrojanL200 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:The reason the Lexia doesn't have any manuals is twofold. First, what you have is a clone of PSA proprietary diagnostic equipment. Second, as it can manage a lot of different PSA cars, a manual for the Lexia would have to come with its own trailer (to move it in)!
Cheers for the heads up James. However that does not distract from the fact that without having enough time to sit and go through the functions yet because of work commitments and short period of time having the diagnostics kit I was looking for a helping hand.
Your info has put me in the light and now I know I need time to get used to the kit and its functions. You have saved me a lot of time searching for something that does not exist many thank
Kind Regards Chris