Xantia rear wiper arm/ handbrake cover queries

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Saraphee
My Cars: Citroen Xantia S1 Exclusive (Thai Version)
Citroen ZX 2.0i (Thai version)
Lotus Elite
Isuzu Grand Adventure
Rochdale Olympic
Scimitar SE5a

Xantia rear wiper arm/ handbrake cover queries

Post by Saraphee »

I haven't seen a Xantia in the flesh for over 15 years and went out and bought a latish Mk1 hatchback last week. Condition is generally good, although the car lived in Bangkok and like most vehicles came involuntarily into contact with a number of motor bikes, hence it was straight off to the paint shop. A one owner machine from about 1996/7 with an average annual mileage of under 7000 kilometres it is mechanically and structurally sound with an immaculate leather interior. However there are a couple of minor things broken and I really am having difficulties in working out how I can replace them.
I am in Northern Thailand where scrap yards do not represent a resource so I need to find out what I'm talking about before I try searching the net. This process is not helped by the apparent absence of an online or even hard copy parts list!
The good news is that Thailand drives on the proper side of the road so that's a help in one way.
The bad news is that there seems no one around that I can talk to, hence the following 'trivia' questions, be patient please..............
* Can anyone tell me if there is much difference between Mk1 & Mk2 rear wiper arms. Mine seems to be missing a cover over the nut. All the photos I've seen show it covered, I can't seem to find a similar one on my friend eBay and was wondering if a Mk2 would substitute?
* The handbrake slot in the centre console has a broken piece of plastic at the far end, held in place by a metal rod and a spring - I assume this was some sort of cover, I don't suppose it will be easy to find such a small component.
* Does anyone know if a parts list exists and if so where I may find it, same question really about a workshop manual (other than the Haynes)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Xantia rear wiper arm/ handbrake cover queries

Post by myglaren »

You should be able to find diagrams and parts list at Service Citroen
Some parts are free, other parts you pay by the hour for access.

I'm sure your other questions will be answered soon. Welcome to the FCF :)
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

Are these any good to you.

Part number for the bits shown as item 11 is the same for the MK1 and MK2 so I guess they are the same.

Can you identify the bit you are talking about on the above diagram?
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Mk1 and Mk2 rear wiper arms are different. On the Mk1, the washer hose goes up through the arm, on th Mk2, it sprays from the top of the window.

The Mk1 covers are frequently missing or broken.

Your best course of action is to wait until someone here is scrapping a car and ask him to save the parts you need.

You might want to contact user fatherjack who may be breaking a late Mk1 see: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 6&start=15
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I've got both bits on a scrap car, pm me if you want them sent over.
Saraphee
My Cars: Citroen Xantia S1 Exclusive (Thai Version)
Citroen ZX 2.0i (Thai version)
Lotus Elite
Isuzu Grand Adventure
Rochdale Olympic
Scimitar SE5a

Post by Saraphee »

Thanks for your quick responses everyone, I've now sent a PM to elma which I hope will solve my missing two parts needs.
I'm also grateful for the link to Service Citroen. However when I get their I'm blanked. There seems to be no button to get me to register and all the others seem circular in that I keep getting invited to do things I can only do when I'm registered.
Is there a little Gallic Whimsy at play here?