expert electrical problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mikeb49

expert electrical problem

Post by mikeb49 »

hi guys, hope you can help me , I have just bought an 03 expert van 1.9d which has some cab electrical issues.
ignition off I have no interior lights no memory on audio no central locking or cig lighter and the clock stops running.
I have I think with the help off a local garage and their wiring diagram, isolated the problem to the[ shorting link connector ] which the power passes through on all the dead circuits when ign is off, some fuses are live when ign is on as they are then bypassed.
my question is does anyone know where this shorting link connector is ?, I have looked round both fuse boxes, followed wires all over, no luck.
I don't know what it looks like either which doesn't help, I was shown one off a different car which looked like a metal strip with a piece of plastic in the middle and a bolt hole at each end ?, its a big fuse really.
on the wiring dia it is called x92?.
anyone any ideas.
mike.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: expert electrical problem

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I cannot be sure of this, but it may be the "SHUNT" link in the fuse box is in the wrong position. If there is one, it may be marked "SH", and have two possible positions. These are, in effect, delivery, and full use. Take a look in the 'in cab' fuse box, and see if there is a "SH" 'fuse' and move it to the other position and see what happens.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mikeb49

Post by mikeb49 »

hi James thanks for reply .
have looked and can't see any shunt fuses, some times in other cars these shorting link connectors are fitted to the bulkhead in their own housing so I'm told by my garage ?.
mike.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I hope that somebody who knows the vans better than I do can help. I had a problem years ago in my Xsara Picasso 54 when the electronics started doing their own thing. I called out the fleet service company, and what their mechanic did was to go to the in car fuse box, moved the "SH" 'fuse' to the other position, left it for a few minutes, and then put it back to the normal position. Problem solved.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

The proper name is likely to be fusible link but it might be advisable to first look at the actual fuse boards especially the underside for corrosion in the copper/brass bits

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?poi=&a ... 3615411788
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Bick

Post by Bick »

They are prone to getting water in the BSI the scuttle drain holes block up with sh1t and water gets into the cab. Have a look under the dash for water ingress into the BSI also try a BSI reset.

Try Berlingo forums and do a search for BSI problems.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Bick wrote:They are prone to getting water in the BSI the scuttle drain holes block up with sh1t and water gets into the cab. Have a look under the dash for water ingress into the BSI also try a BSI reset.

Try Berlingo forums and do a search for BSI problems.
The Expert is equivalent to the Dispatch rather than the Berlingo van so non multiplexed & no BSI on an 03 model.
This pic is off a Xantia but should be very similar, the shunt is the green & grey thing that looks like a fuse in the middle of the fusebox marked SH. check that there is a battery live power supply here.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Thank for that weeler did not realise that!
mikeb49

Post by mikeb49 »

hi, thanks for all your help.
its fixed, the problem was indeed a shunt that had been completely removed, and a fuse added in line with all the others instead of being offset as the shunt would be.
luckily my old broken 1999 exspert, had a shunt in its fuse box [different position] so I nicked that, all seem ok now, except millage n trip pretty unreadable and they don't seem to register the millage, but that's a different fault, I could take the one from my old van but the millage was much higher.
many thanks mike.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

There is a little bulb in the instrument panel for the mileage display, when it blows you can barely read mileage.