807 2.0 Petrol Auto (2003) - Injector Fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

aw0709
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 807 2.0 Petrol (2003)
Renault Megane 1.6 Fidji (2002)

807 2.0 Petrol Auto (2003) - Injector Fault

Post by aw0709 »

Good morning,

I am new to this site, and hoping someone may be able to help me. I have had a look / search for the info requested below, and apologise if I have missed an obvious post elsewhere.

I have PP2000, reasonable mechanical knowledge and plenty of tools. I have a garage full of (mostly) crap, which means working outside. I have owned this car since early May last year, it has done 123,000 miles, of which I have done about 8,000. It had a new gearbox at 93K, cambelt, etc all done at about the same mileage. Fuse boxes are dry and immaculate internally. I had the airbag ecu replaced, as light was on when I bought the car (aircon drain was backed up and carpets had got wet and blown the ecu). I get a few faults thrown up when I do a diagnostic check, such as Drivers door module, Drivers electric seat.. to be honest, I am not worried about these, as I can live with them.

When I bought the car, it had a rattly cat, which would 'lock' in place on cooling and stop rattling, last week it appeared to have moved causing a driver-detectable performance restriction and a 'Depollution System Faulty' warning on the information display; cat has been replaced, though I accept it may not have been at fault, I had intended to have it replaced at some point anyway. I still have the 'Depollution System' faulty, and PP2000 showed open circuits on injectors 1 & 4; I can scan tonight for precise codes, if that is likely to help.

Hopefully I have given enough information!

Can someone advise:

1. Am I jumping to conclusions? Should I be looking at replacing coil packs first, or doing something else?
2. How easy is it to replace the injectors on this engine? A brief guide would be much appreciated.
3. Should I replace all four, or just the (apparently) faulty two?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: 807 2.0 Petrol Auto (2003) - Injector Fault

Post by wheeler »

Remember just because there is a fault code relating to a component doesn't mean that the component is faulty. Id find I highly unlikely that 2 injectors have failed at the same time. You could start by checking the resistance of each injector, will probably be in the region of 10-15 ohms each but really you are looking for any big differences between them.
Is the engine misfiring ? do the codes clear then come back again ? also do you have a noid light ? they are great for tracking down injector wiring faults.
As for the noise, C5's with the same engine had similar issues, a metallic pinking type noise that comes & goes, it was normally the exhaust manifold that caused the problem, it has a kind of double skin inside that divides it into 4, the cure was to remove the manifold & stick a few spot wields on it.
aw0709
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 807 2.0 Petrol (2003)
Renault Megane 1.6 Fidji (2002)

Re: 807 2.0 Petrol Auto (2003) - Injector Fault

Post by aw0709 »

Wheeler,

Thanks for the response.

Rattle was definitely cat - replaced and resolved.

All four of the injectors are reading 15.8 ohms (they were still warm, so I would expect them to come down as they cool - 1 & 4 came down from 16.3 shortly after stopping to 15.8 about 20 minutes later).

It would appear the fault lies somewhere other than the injectors. I unplugged and reseated the harness plugs I could find on the injectors and throttle body, and wiggled relays and fuses and multiplugs in the fusebox in the engine bay. I now only have a fault on injector 4 - injector 1 is no longer reporting a fault. I am not sure what I am looking at, but guess it may be a matter of reseating everything.

If anyone has any specifics they can offer, please do!

Cheers,

Adrian