Xantos and Xantia madness

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

xantos

Xantos and Xantia madness

Post by xantos »

Well I'm now in my 3rd year of Xantia ownership, so I decided to start this thread to keep track of things done and of course to get some help from forum members if a problem occurs. So far I got loads of help so THANK YOU FCF MEMBERS!

My first Citroen that I bought was an Activa TCT MK2 in silver and I didn't know s**** about hydraulic suspension. So no knowledge about hydraulic suspension and an Activa go figure :rofl2: But time went on and things needed attention so I learned bit by bit about hydraulic and specifically about no-lean suspension. I've written on this forum a lot about my war with the activa so I won't repeat myself. Now the car is of the road for about 6moths and I decided it won't see the road again. But as some know I've rebuilt the engine so it would be a shame to scrape it. So I've bought myself another identical Activa with a burnt engine #-o , but othervise it is in quite good condition. The previous owner was a fanatic also and did quite some work on the hydraulic bit... It needs a new windscreen and a new engine. I have it for about 5months and still didn't do any work on it as I didn't have time, because I've bought myself another Xantia! This time a 1.9TD MK2 break as a working mule. In quite good condition, but with a leaking heater matrix, so that needed to be done first. It has a non-hydractive suspension so I've thought that the hydraulic won't cause me any problems. And so far so good I just needed a total engine rebuild #-o The rod bearing on piston 3 broke. Go figure the consequences... So just when I thought I could give my attention to the Activa, I needed to do an engine rebuild on the 1.9TD... So now I have three bi****. Peeing b****, burnt b**** and jammed b*****. The three witches... :roll:

LHM is dangerous stuff! You get addicted FAST! :twisted:

Well as pictures say more than a thousand words here they are...

Xantia Break 1.9TD (jammed b****!)
Xantia Activa 2.0 TCT + LPG (1998) (peeing b****!) RIP
Xantia Activa 2.0 TCT (1998) (burnt b****!)
Xantia Activa 3.0 V6 (1998) (not a b****! yet :-D )
C4 Exclusive 2.0 HDi (gear shifting b****!)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Xantos and Xantia madness

Post by CitroJim »

Xantos, fantastic to see you now writing a blog =D> :-D

I am delighted and shall enjoy very much indeed!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantos

Post by xantos »

The other day I lost one cap from alloy wheels... :evil: Anyone knows where you can buy one? :roll:

xantos

Post by xantos »

Not much to report (thankfully let it stay that way!!! 8-) ). Changed summer tyres to winter tyres Nokian year 2013 as new, they were driven just 500km and I got them with the Activa which has the burnt engine.

Also changed the nozzle for washing the front windscreen. The one on the driver side didn't spill any wash fluid. It's good to have it working in the winter as you get dirty windscreen all the time...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Lovely.. It's nice to have a matching pair of Activas but don't you get confused as to which is which? :lol:

I used to have an almost matching pair of Xantia V6s but they were easy to tell apart. One was an S1 and the other an S2...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantos

Post by xantos »

Can't get confused, because one is rusty and the other has a burnt engine :twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

xantos wrote:Can't get confused, because one is rusty and the other has a burnt engine :twisted:
Understood... The one with the bad engine is now good for having a V6 fitted then :wink:
Jim

xantos

Post by xantos »

Well the truth is that my first Activa is so rusty it is almost beyond repair but has a renewed engine. The other has a burnt engine and a broken windscreen but has minimum of rust. So first things first. Brake the first one and put the engine and windscreen on the second and interior of first one to my 1.9td. Then when the time will be right replace TCT engine a V6 with a turbo :rofl2:
xantos

Post by xantos »

Just look what I have bought! :-D

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger
xantos

Post by xantos »

I had to make a 500km trip one way and then the same back. It was a 16 hours total trip. Started at 11.30am and got home the other day at 4.30am and had to go wake up at 6am to go to work. It was tiring but it was well worth it!

The car has 165kkm on the clock and is rust free, just tiny little spots of rust, nothing serious. It has also a few dents and scratches as it sat for nearly a year on a parking place and no one was watching while opening the doors. In general it's in very good condition and engine runs smoothly. It's dancing while rising (the Activa dance :rofl2: ) and has leaky activa rams. The engine needs a cam belt replacement and of course an oil and filters change, probably also spark plugs and cables to plugs change.

The interior is good only the drivers engine is a bit worn, but not on the outside but on the inside. When you sit on the edge you can feel metal on your butt :lol: so it's just the inside foam that needs to be replaced. Also the sealing is hanging down, typical for activa.

Also noticed that the seal on the rear wheel arch has deteriorated but just recently probably as there is no visible rust.

So in general it needs some things to be done, but nothing serious. I hope that I will get it on the road sometime in May when it's warm and no rain and most important no salt on the road!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xantos, that's fantastic :D

Looking forward to reading of your adventures with the new arrival!
Jim

DHallworth
Donor 2023

Post by DHallworth »

That's a nice addition to your fleet :)

Be interested to see how you progress with her!

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
xantos

Post by xantos »

Thanks everyone! :)

A good sign (I take this is as a good sign :-D ) is that just as I have uploaded pictures and wrote about the car the forum crashed... Maybe even the forum itself was shocked with the buy if you remember my problems with the TCT activa :rofl2:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

xantos wrote: A good sign (I take this is as a good sign :-D ) is that just as I have uploaded pictures and wrote about the car the forum crashed... Maybe even the forum itself was shocked with the buy if you remember my problems with the TCT activa :rofl2:
Ahh! now I know the cause of the Internet to the host servers failing Xantos :rofl2: :rofl2:

V6 Activas have that effect :wink:
Jim