xantia Immobiliser - - HELP!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaunthesheep
My Cars:

xantia Immobiliser - - HELP!!!!!!

Post by shaunthesheep »

hi all,
well ive now got an Immobiliser problem[:(][:(].
after turning on the ingtion, go to enter the four digit code, then both the red & green lights light up.
<font color="red">Things ive tried
1, the code is correct, have checked
2, have checked for blowen fuses, none found
3, checked both fuse boxes (under dash & under bonnet)
4, have disconected the battery & then reconnnected it
5, have checked connections on engine management computer</font id="red">
could this problem be linked with the key barrel problem?
it was working fine on thursday evening.
help!!!!!!
dom [:(][:(]
edd001
My Cars:

Post by edd001 »

when you disconected the battrey did you leave it for a while.
if not leave it disconected for about 30 mins in order to reset the ecu.
might work, might not.
what is the key barral problem
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

both lights on the keypad usually means the injection ECU is missing a feed or an earth,take the earth leads off the gearbox & clean up the earth points & eyelets,check that the fuel cut off inertia switch hasnt been tripped as this will also cause the same problem.you'll have to get a wiring diagram for the injection system & check the feeds that go to the ECU.a possible cause for the missing feed is corroded/wet connectors at the inner wings or falty double relay or its connections
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

the key barrel problem is an ongoing one (i forgot to mention)
what happens occasnally is that after removing the key from the barrel, the accessories stay lit up eg electric window switchs, radio etc...
but after re-inserting the key & wiggling it around it turns everything off ok.
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

wheeler.
where would i find
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">check that the fuel cut off inertia switch hasnt been tripped as this will also cause the same problem.you'll have to get a wiring diagram for the injection system & check the feeds that go to the ECU.a possible cause for the missing feed is corroded/wet connectors at the inner wings or falty double relay or its connections<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
dom
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

right, well have just re-connected the battery in the hope that it would reset the ecu, guess what no luck.
looks like i will be tracking down the gearbox earth points tommorrow & giving them a good clean & checking the relays in the wings.
dom
griff57

Post by griff57 »

I just had this fault on my car with the static red/green light too, so I called the AA, and using their magic laptop, fixed the problem.
I thought I'd share.
My car is a Citroen Xantia 1.9TD N Reg by the way, but it may work for you.
Solution.
a)Standing outside the car, unlock as normal and get in.
b) Close the door, turn on the ignition, and wait. Do absolutely nothing for four minutes.
c) Turn off the ignition, open the drivers door, and then close it, and do nothing else for a further 90 seconds.
d) Turn on the ignition, and you should be able to enter the keypad code as normal.
Worked for me. After 4 hours of messing around with batteries etc.
Hope it works for you too.
Cheers
Mark.
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

well ive just tried what mark suggested.
and unfortnally it failled to work [:(][:(]
any other sugesstions fellas??, other than cleaning the earth connections on the gearbox & checking the fuel injection system!
dom[V]
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If the car has a fuel cutoff inertia switch it should be fitted to the side of one of the front strut turrets (cant remember which side) near to where you would find the RP number & paint codes,its small cube shaped thing with either a black or orange rubber cover on it & a couple of wires connected to it,you push the top of it to re-set.
Its not relays on the inner wings its interconectors (30 pin connectors i think) they connect the main looms together,the have a slide locking mechanism to disconect them,there is one located on the n/s inner wing just forward of the battery,the other is in roughly the same position at the other side inner wing.
the double injection relay is located in the same plastic box as the injection ECU,it is about the size of two normal relays (as the name suggests) they are either brown or black & has a 15 pin connector.
If you or anyone can post a wiring diagram for this injection system it may make it easier to help find the fault.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i just stumbled on a pic of one of the connectors i was talking about here on this instalation diagram,it is connector number IC02.
you will probably have to enlarge the picture.
http://citroeny.cz/servis/xantiaser/klima/klima80.5.jpg
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

right, well i had a look for the connecter beside the battery, found one, it looked fine,
then checked the one on the other side, this one was all green & slime, so this one looks like the problem one. i will clean it up tommorrow & re-try it.
i did try again to get the key pad to unlock. still no luck [:(][:(!]
dom [:(][:(]
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

well just to give you all an update,
ive had success with the connecter beside the ecu, gave it a good clean (well as best as i could)
reconnected the battery, punched in the unlock code.............
guess what?????????
<b>IT WORKED, WOOHOO WOOHOO</b> [:D][:D][^][^]
ive been told by an ex main dealer mecahnic, that this connecter is a common problem, due to the design of the bonnet opening.
so im now very happy, all working ok, ive just got to do the rocker gasket tommorrow, it cant be any worse that having a car that you cant drive!!
a very relived
dom[:D][8D][^]
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

result [:D],make sure you put some electrical contact grease or vaseline in the connectors help to stop it happening again.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

.... then wrap up these connectors protecting from water ingress [}:)]
mootig
My Cars:

Post by mootig »

i had the same problem with my keypad.
i tried the method suggested by griff57.
It worked!!!!
thanks.[8D][8D][:D]