Peugeot 106 engine management light post lambda change

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SuperAl
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 106 1.1 (2001)

Peugeot 106 engine management light post lambda change

Post by SuperAl »

Hi folks,

Short version....I don't know what I'm doing!

Long version....my girlfriends 2001 Peugeot 106 1.1 failed it's Mot on emissions with a new lambda given as the fix and the airbag light was on (have sorted the connection under the front seat) The exhaust was an advisory but was so rusted up I decided to change the lot as all three stages were falling to bits. The cat is in the front section of the exhaust and I replaced the post cat lambda with this one

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/ecp/ ... e10&000210

Since then the management light has been on and it's spluttering when cold. The fault code is P0300. I've checked the lambda has been reconnected properly and am now totally stuck as to how I've messed this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Peugeot 106 engine management light post lambda change

Post by CitroJim »

The Code P0300 suggests a random misfire so may be unconnected with what you did..

have a look at this:

http://www.engine-codes.com/p0300.html

Might help a little to check these items..

Most likely something you have disturbed in the other work...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Re: Peugeot 106 engine management light post lambda change

Post by chinkostu »

2001 will be the multipoint so whip the coilpack off and check the plug boots are still in good condition - i had one that left the boots stuck in the head :shock:

did you clear the codes then run the car for a bit before reading it to make sure? the lambda would bring the EML on but the typical symptoms of the lambda breaking up is really erratic accelleration at part throttle.
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o