C4 Picasso headlight adjustmnet

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

C4 Picasso headlight adjustmnet

Post by RichardW »

One of the lights on our C4 is high. Now, I don't know whether this is because the bulb is in wrong (it looks OK, but it's awkward to get it, and I'm never happy it's gone in right); or maybe because SWMBO nudged the corner of the bumper on a wall or something. Anyway, I'd like to screw it down a bit, but i's not obvious where the adjusters are, or how to do it. Anybody know? Or perhaps Sloppysod can look it up in the e-files :lol:
Richard W
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C4 Picasso headlight adjustmnet

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If they are anything like the lights on my C5, there is a hole in the casing above the bulb mounting point. You will need a long Allan key to adjust it. Not certain about the size, but 6 comes to mind.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Finally got round to looking at it today (SWMBO followed me in it yesterday, and the light was noticeably high). No evidence the bulb was in wrong, so adjusted it. Marc (GiveMeABreak) kindly sent be adjustment instructions - the obvious plastic screw on the top is the up/down adjuster, so gave it a turn and light is now where it should be. Also had to fit a new number plate light - Chav mode now, as I only had a blue tint one!
Richard W
old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Post by old-un77 »

talking of headlights, I nearly got caught out today , prior to entering roundabout, car from the right had what appeared to be a left turn "fog light on"

as it straightened up it went out and the right one came on straightened up again and left one came NO indicators were being used. apparently this is to assist in seeing round a corner as if entering a drive way, but should it be legal on the road? in ..daylight.......an optional expensive accessory, I was told........what say you?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I think they are ridiculous.
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

I noticed our C4 Picasso has them too; seem a little ridiculous. Just as bad - worse really - are the indicators either in between the main and dip headlights or the center of the rear light cluster; neither particularly visible and under certain conditions, not at all. What the hell are the people in control of the regs doing? Nothing?.... and don't give me the EU. There is no good reason why we cannot do what we deem to be correct/safe, and if they don't like it they can go far, far away. A/any government and a legal system with cohones and let's not argue about how many angels can stand on the head of a pin....
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I think all these things are the height of stupidity. Espically the foglights coming on when turning. And certain, mostly volkswagons the rear indicators and brake lights are almost invisible.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Post by rmunns »

I beg to differ. We have a C5 X7 and this has 'turning' Xenon headlights and also another supplementary light that comes on when you turn a sharp corner {if speed <30km/h (I think)}. These supplementary lights help us a lot because we live down a twisty, narrow lane. And the main Xenons, moving to shine round bends, certainly help to ''make progress'' driving on minor roads.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

These could just be angular lighting units that are supposed to work with main headlights and at low speeds. My guess is the driver was simply not bothering to indicate (really annoying and getting worse it seems), as cars still have to have amber indicators I believe. Their are some Audis on the road (Q6?) I think comes to mind where the Daytime Running Lamp LED will go out on one side when the indicator is engaged and come back on when indicator goes off. It is a bit confusing.
I have to agree that the Dynamic Angular Lighting system incorporated on the C5 with Directional Bi Xenons really is useful and not a gimmick as it only comes on at junctions when the car is turning left or right and at low speeds. Invaluable for where I live, driving down narrow single track country lanes at night. These are properly angled too - so they actually face at 90 degrees to the side and shouldn't cause any distraction to oncoming traffic.
Having said all that, there are sellers on fleabay who sell LED kits with incorporated flasher units. Although these are intended to 'improve' the standard light output / intensity of indicators and to light up more quickly, where you actually install these kits is really down to the end user. As they do these in different colours, I'll leave this to your imagination as to where some people are putting these!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

No problem with proper moving headlights; the fog light adaptation smacks of a cheap buck
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

It must have been the bulb..... new one fitted for MOT and the beam is now low (although it passed). Will have to adjust it back up again!!
Richard W
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

old-un77 wrote:talking of headlights, I nearly got caught out today , prior to entering roundabout, car from the right had what appeared to be a left turn "fog light on"

as it straightened up it went out and the right one came on straightened up again and left one came NO indicators were being used. apparently this is to assist in seeing round a corner as if entering a drive way, but should it be legal on the road? in ..daylight.......an optional expensive accessory, I was told........what say you?
X7 Exclusive has cornering lights, they do actually work at night but should be controlled via the autolights sensor for daytime running.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: