C5 HDi torque Sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantom
My Cars: Renault 16 - my first car bought secondhand in 1980. Lasted a couple of months before dreadful rust brought it to an end.
Renault 18 estate petrol. Bought in 1981. only new car I've ever owned and only because it was tax free to Forces in Germany. Lasted 18 months before accident write off.
Renault 18 saloon petrol. bought in 1988. lasted 3 years before accident and repair cost ended it.
Xantia Esate TD. Bought in 2006. First Citroen and bought because of the suspension and potential to run on veg oil. Apart from a stint owning a doomed C5 estate I've owned nothing but Xantia TD saloons and estates since. All have Bosch pumps so veg oil since 2006 for me.

C5 HDi torque Sensor

Post by xantom »

Hlello Guys and Gals,
A few months ago the turbocharger went, spectacularly, on my C5. I bought a refurbished one and have installed it. All seems well with the mechano aspects of one off and one on, I even took the DPF apart and cleaned it out as so many seem to have done. All back together now and the major problem I face is a constant ESP/ASR warning and subsequent limp home mode, but I also have anti-pollution fault flagging up so the limp home might be because of that. I'm not really sure what exactly triggers limp home. Anyway, I've hooked her up to a Lexia but I'm not terribly proficient with it yet. I get the permanent fault that torque information isn't being received. I've changed the auto gearbox fluid, as much as you can anyway, but otherwise haven't touched the gearbox. Does anyone recognise the fault and have the solution? or else, can anyone tell me where the torque sensor is so I can investigate it?
Thanks,
Tom
Tom
1998 Xantia Mk2 1.9TD Saloon
1996 Xantia 1.9TD Estate Mk1
(Previously Old Guy's)
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: C5 HDi torque Sensor

Post by Lighty »

It would help if you put up the exact fault code & description. There is not really a torque sensor, this type of fault usually means that the engine is not performing as expected relative to the throttle settings etc.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Yep agreed, sounds as if the torque sensor alarm might be a bit of a red herring, I'd go down the esp/asr usual-problem route first. Pipework from dpf to diff pressure sensor /temp sensor (although this will show up in Lexia), vacuum connections from electrovalves to actuators etc. Something disturbed during turbo and dpf replacement maybe?
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
xantom
My Cars: Renault 16 - my first car bought secondhand in 1980. Lasted a couple of months before dreadful rust brought it to an end.
Renault 18 estate petrol. Bought in 1981. only new car I've ever owned and only because it was tax free to Forces in Germany. Lasted 18 months before accident write off.
Renault 18 saloon petrol. bought in 1988. lasted 3 years before accident and repair cost ended it.
Xantia Esate TD. Bought in 2006. First Citroen and bought because of the suspension and potential to run on veg oil. Apart from a stint owning a doomed C5 estate I've owned nothing but Xantia TD saloons and estates since. All have Bosch pumps so veg oil since 2006 for me.

Post by xantom »

Thanks guys. Problem seems to have been solved by my pressure washing the DPF. After that all the EPS/ABS faults went and the car ran beautifully for about 30 miles. Then I got the Pollution Warning again. Bit depressed so I did a forced regeneration, twice. both times the Lexia told me the regeneration had not occurred but now the car seems to be, seems to be that is, running perfectly again. One of the Lexia faults was associated with the Diesel additive control so maybe the Eolys isn't squirting into the tank on command or something. Otherwise, she's running well. Passed the MOT on Friday so she's ready to roll again as of 0001 hrs today, Nov 01. Just hope the next few days are consistent and she doesn't drop back to her old ways. That whole anti-pollution system seems to be the cause of everything else coming out in sympathy. Getting some fumey smells in the car so I think I might have to dismantle the exhaust/turbo connections and re-gasket. Can't think what I did wrong on original assembly. Ah, well, never ends really.
Tom
1998 Xantia Mk2 1.9TD Saloon
1996 Xantia 1.9TD Estate Mk1
(Previously Old Guy's)
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Unless you deal with the additive problem, it's likely you'll soon be in limp mode again. It's very likely to be the root cause of your issues. Why did your turbo blow up? A blocked DPF can wreck the turbo.