bleeding 407

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

bleeding 407

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Hey all. Well I bled out my brakes today but found the brake pedal has softened and has more travel on it. I did not use the diagbox software. Where do i find this in Lexia? i've looked under diagnosis, repair, maintenance, cant find anything.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Re: bleeding 407

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

need a reply asap if any one knows, thanks.
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

I activate the abs pump using the Delphi diagnostic system. It gets the job done. I have never used diagbox or planet or lexia. Perhaps if you look under component activation or whatever. I am only posting to perhaps give a hint that might set you on your way as I don't have the exact knowledge you require and you seem to be in a hurry. Hopefully someone will come along soon who knows more.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

if its in peugeot planet, its very hard to find. the "repair" section of the the system has nothing labellled bleeding. im not even seeing safety systems or anything. just the same ECUs with a few options to configure and what not . i bled the brakes normal, it work, but i dont like the excess travel on it.
apparently every one else's 407s doesnt need bleeding because no one seems to know.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

right...well (-expletive removed-) it..... i just took my time going through each main heading of diagbox, and then sorting through each sub-option/category...the bleed option under REPAIR is just not there. I can find actuator testings, standard and personalized configuration but the bleed option isnt any where there. I say (-expletive removed-) it. the brake travel isnt that far but not where i'd like it to be.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

(-expletive removed-) it i say
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

and (-expletive removed-) peugeot too. im going to try the germans
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

(-expletive removed-)
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

That's what I said. Activate the pump. The system I use does not have a bleed option but activating the pump whilst bleeding seems to do the trick. Interestingly in my experience that particular type of TRW abs unit is more commonly found in a C class or Passat / A4
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Well... I finally found the bloody option in Lexia-- no thanks to any one here.
so I'll post it up in hopes another guy ever wonders where it is. Asking around online was never of ANY help to me, instead I got my help from stuff others posted years ago on an assortment of forums. but i believe there is no current data on exactly where it is in Lexia- maybe for some its so easy they dont need to post it- but for me, man it was hard to find. cost me a chance to bleed it right away when i was at the garage.

anyways

FOR YOU PEUGEOT 407 OWNERS WHO OWNS A REAL LEXIA PEUGEOT PLANET 2000 SYSTEM- TO BLEED YOUR BRAKES USING THE DIAGBOX INTERFACE
YOU WILL FIND IT UNDER THE FOLLOWING:

REPAIRS> GLOBAL TEST (ONCE COMPLETED) ESP-EBC> PACK REPARATION> CONFIGURATION> REPLACEMENT PARTS> BLEEDING

Thanks BX- just about the only guy who took the time to reply. Appreciate the effort.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Hey BX the funnything about my TRW pump is that is has a intermittent to permanent (although i dont understand) fault in that the pump seizes up. But it apparently comes and goes. My main thing right now is bleeding and re-adjusting of the brakes. You think its just playing around or is it serious and i should change it? the last guy i ordered my TRW unit from scammed me so i have none to replace it with at present.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

So when the pump seizes, you have no ABS or no brakes? Most systems default to "nil blockage".

My 605 occasionally has ABS issues due to fluctuating alternator output.

I've bled ABS systems after powering down the car and disconnecting the battery, then you have full flow at each port. Often, cracking the unions at the bloc itself, helps bleed up faster if you're using the pedal to bleed. Also, try vacuum bleeding.
407iain

Post by 407iain »

Peugeot_Russ wrote:
Thanks BX- just about the only guy who took the time to reply. Appreciate the effort.
People can only reply if they know something useful. If people replied telling you they'd just got back from Corfu you'd get even more upset.
Also, getting uppity about no replies at 1am is a bit daft. Most people will be in bed.
There's also the option of getting important jobs (e.g brake repairs) done at a garage, rather than sitting at home getting sweaty about people not replying on an internet forum.
2011 RCZ THP 200 GT
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

I don't like that abs unit. It seems to cause problems on most cars that have it. It was well known on the Merck.
I thought about the 1AM bit too but then I looked at the profile. I live all alone in my own time zone and seldom go to bed.