Lexia can't get any contact with airbag

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Christian S
My Cars:

Lexia can't get any contact with airbag

Post by Christian S »

I ran my Lexia earlier today and it doesn't get any connection with the airbag in the steering wheel. The control lamp doesn't light up for self check at ignition. The bulb isn't broken.

Are there any fuses or cables I can check? This is important for the MOT and for me to be sure it works.
Vid min Cittra vill jag kvittra
macplaxton
My Cars: 1978 GS X2

Re: Lexia can't get any contact with airbag

Post by macplaxton »

Christian S wrote:This is important for the MOT and for me to be sure it works.
Actually, it's only important for you to be sure it works. It's not important for the UK MOT.
If no lamp is present or it doesn’t illuminate then it can’t indicate a system fault, so it can’t be failed.
Source: DVSA

But I guess, like me, you are dealing with your local periodic safety inspection regime and not the MOT??? and so it needs to come on / self-check / go out.

Here's some generic pointers:

Does the fusebox lid not have not have a pictogram indicating the circuit?
Image or "SRS"

SRS cables have yellow plugs, disconnect the battery and leave it 5 or 10 minutes before playing with them.

I had a Honda with an airbag light on all the time. Tried to get a blink code from it and it never blinked, stayed on steady. Tried to erase the code from it and it never blinked, just still stayed on steady. Then I got the laptop out and the HDS (Lexia equivalent) wouldn't talk to the SRS control module either. Ended up changing the SRS control module from another car that's exactly the same part number and it's worked fine ever since. That working control module would talk to the laptop no problem. As I'm not going to spend 550 GBP on a new box, I'll look up the local Pole with a laptop and see if he can flash the memory with clean code.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Christian,

I realise that you are in Sweden so UK MOT rules are not applicable to you, and even in the UK, removal of the bulb should result in a failure, but due to arcane wording of the regulations, they are not allowed to fail if the warning light is obscured (e.g. by covering with black tape).

I don't think failure of the bulb to illuminate can be caused by simple fuse failure, the circuit is arranged so that the bulb will be permanently lit in that case (or none of the warning lights working).

I think that you should probably join http://www.club-xm.co.uk and downoad the wiring diagrams at: http://www.club-xm.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... =80#p75133 that should help you find the issue with the warning light, and get you closer to the main problem.
macplaxton
My Cars: 1978 GS X2

Post by macplaxton »

Just to add:

Make sure the airbag control box is there! See this post on another forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost ... tcount=182 :shock:
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

geezeus & then lol then geezeus again !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting