What diagnostic device?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

What diagnostic device?

Post by doctle »

Hi again chaps.

Another question this one should be easy for you guys! My mate just bought a Fiat camper van it is showing some warning lights and check engine light. He wants to get something for diagnostics but not sure what to buy. The camper seems to have Peugeot Boxer running gear. Thanks in advance :)
Oh buggle
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: What diagnostic device?

Post by CitroJim »

Good point...Not sure if the Pug Planet will work on it as these things are usually unique to the maker...

If the camper is post-2001 (Petrol) or post 2004 (Diesel) then for the engine ECU it will be EOBD -compliant which means any old code reader designed for EOBD will work... If it's earlier it might but then it might use a Fiat-specific protocol..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
doctle

Post by doctle »

Thanks Jim
I'll tell him to try a cheapo ebay one, it's 2006 diesel.
Oh buggle
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

There are a number of units out there that will do engine, abs and airbags on several models. A pure EOBD code reader will only read emission related faults on most vehicles. However French vehicles are not the worst in this regard and the EOBD reader can display more faults on them than on others. For example a faulty crankshaft position sensor will not display on an eobd tester as the engine will not run and therefore no emissions are produced.
If you have a laptop try something like this. Both are good all round systems and I have used both of them.
I have nothing to do with either seller I just found them on done deal. There are loads of sellers out there.
http://cars.donedeal.ie/caraccessories- ... 5?offset=1
http://www.dublindiag.com/#/autel-scanners/4583308135
doctle

Post by doctle »

Thank you BX that first one looks like a Delphi scantool and is the one I will tell him about. Looks well priced too. I use an Autel VAG handheld scanner it reads OBD codes ok but I might upgrade to that one too. Thanks for the quick replies
Paul
Oh buggle
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Lexia should work on it no problem, just tell it that its a Relay. A few years back i programed a new BSI to a Fiat Ulysse (same as a C8) with Lexia after the Fiat Examiner (Fiats dealer diagnostic equipment) failed to do it. Just selected C8 & an aproximite RP number.
doctle

Post by doctle »

wheeler wrote:Lexia should work on it no problem, just tell it that its a Relay. A few years back i programed a new BSI to a Fiat Ulysse (same as a C8) with Lexia after the Fiat Examiner (Fiats dealer diagnostic equipment) failed to do it. Just selected C8 & an aproximite RP number.
Thanks mate more good info
Oh buggle
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

Ulysse and Scudo are PSA products rebadged (Sevelnord). Boxer and Relay are Italian (Sevelsud) products. I dont know about the crossover of diagnostics on these (Sevelsud) products but the advice given is probably good. I know that Fiat diagnostics used to work on berlingo/partner vans and on dispatch/expert by selecting the nearest equivalent Scudo.
On the newer Scudo i couldnt diagnose an airbag problem identifying it as an Expert or Dispatch. HoweverThe delphi system worked for me.
Dave1987

Post by Dave1987 »

Lexia 3 with Peugeot Planet and Diagbox software is perhaps not the best choice but the first consideration and this one states it is built with original chip http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/lexia ... p2000.html , the cheap bluetooth elm327 scanner does not work on Pug
Last edited by Dave1987 on 06 Jan 2017, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Any opinions on this being promoted by EasyD this week TDINTEL is a multi vehicle diagnostic scan tool? £300 if I've read it correctly.

I tried to find out more about it but frankly the Easy Diagnostics website seems to be a bit of a pain to use.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I use a Lexia (hardware and software) on the other halfs Pug 107. I Just tell it it's a C1.

Steve.
not applicable
mlocky657
My Cars: Citroen c3 1.4 hdi exclusive 146000

Post by mlocky657 »

steelcityuk wrote:I use a Lexia (hardware and software) on the other halfs Pug 107. I Just tell it it's a C1.

Steve.
Hi steel im unable to private message you so I've had to do it this way i hope you dont mind my names Mark I've just bought a c3 1.4 hdi 2003 exclusive. what it is there's no power under low revs. I've had a some help from members which i really appreciate but as you can imagine theres a few things that may cause the problem. I'm lead to believe you have lexia would you be able to help in plugging it up to my car please. I'm not currently driving it as I'm a little worried about doing more damaged. I live in south kirkby WF93PB if this helps. I'm willing to pay for your fuel and for your time in connecting me up to your lexia and anything else if your able to do this i look forward to hearing from you thanks

Regards Mark lockwood