Citroen Dispatch fumes in cab

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

winchester
New User

Citroen Dispatch fumes in cab

Post by winchester »

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a really reliable dispatch van (2000HDI ) that smells of what I think are either exhaust fumes or diesel smells from fuel burning on the engine. It seems worse when It has a new tank of fuel and makes my skin feel a bit oily and light-headed at times.
I've tried the usual things; having the exhaust checked out which seems ok; my friend extended the pipe so it points downwards pushing exhaust fumes away from the rear doors. The rear door seals also seem ok . I have driven it long distance and am still here to tell the tale so I'm not sure if it's carbon monoxide or just burning diesel on the engine casing, I can't see anything obvious. The van has had engine filters changed which didn't make any difference and the mechanic that did look at it couldn't find anything that is obviously wrong.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated :)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Citroen Dispatch fumes in cab

Post by myglaren »

You may well find that the seals are leaking on one or more of the injectors. I speak from experience and it is a fairly common problem.
You may be able to hear a 'chuffing' sound from the leaking one(s) and even see some smoke. Often there will be coal-like deposits around any leaking ones too.
winchester
New User

Post by winchester »

Thanks for your help I'll get them checked out :)
Bick

Post by Bick »

myglaren wrote:You may well find that the seals are leaking on one or more of the injectors. I speak from experience and it is a fairly common problem.
You may be able to hear a 'chuffing' sound from the leaking one(s) and even see some smoke. Often there will be coal-like deposits around any leaking ones too.
I did not realise it was a common problem on the 2.0hdi's, the 1.6hdi's yes but i ive never come across the 2.0hdi engine with injectors blowing?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Bick wrote:
myglaren wrote:You may well find that the seals are leaking on one or more of the injectors. I speak from experience and it is a fairly common problem.
I did not realise it was a common problem on the 2.0hdi's, the 1.6hdi's yes but i ive never come across the 2.0hdi engine with injectors blowing?
Had it on both my C5s and have heard of several others with the same problem. Usually a simple fix on the 2L. 2.2 and 1.6 not so much.