Whats an Activa worth?!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sl4yer
My Cars:

Whats an Activa worth?!

Post by Sl4yer »

I was looking around the local car supermarket with the wife today, hoping to find some Xantia diesels (the ZX is being a bit nasty at the moment). To my surprise, I saw a T-reg Activa. Of course, I had a closer look, until I saw the price. £6995! [:0] It appeared to be in reasonable condition, but there was no mileage information.
How long do you think this will take to sell? I'm betting quite a while!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

It depends -
Some will be looking for the qualities in this special Xantia model : the lack of leaning behaviour while cornering.
If you're looking for a soft-sprung comfortable hydraulic Citroen - the Activa Xantia version may disappoint you.
On the other hand - if you're looking for a hydraulic Citroen with a driving behaviour more like conventional sprung cars - and with a superiour curve handling - the Activa is the right choice.
Of course it still has the basic advantages of the Citroen hydraulic cars : self levelling to any load - rear braking force precisely adapted to boot load - general comfortable suspension etc.
The price tag would depend on many factors - service history, mileage etc. - not just the T-reg.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Believe me, I'd love to have it [:p]
But the supermarkets are really selling credit, not cars. And the insurance would be too dear as well. If it was £4000 (about the book price for an average miler) I'd take another look.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I've probably lost the plot here but if the simplest of citroens acting up a bit can cause you to look for another ride, you really don't want to be looking at the most complicated of citroens to replace it.
All them extra computer controled hydraulics, not to mention the electronic nightmare waiting to begin, as the extra myriad of electrical connections just sit there oxidising away, waiting for their new unsuspecting owner.
Sends shivers through me bank balance just thinking about it[:D]
Dave
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

The Xantia Aktiva is a brilliant car when it's working right, but the largest swallower of $$$$ on this earth when it isn't!
//NiSk
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Burns</i>

I've probably lost the plot here but if the simplest of citroens acting up a bit can cause you to look for another ride, you really don't want to be looking at the most complicated of citroens to replace it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Its not that the ZX is particularly troublesome, just the usual annoying things (aux drivebelt, handbrake cables, etc). I'm not a great DIYer anyway. Its 10 years old now, and not going to get any better. (Of course, it was paid for long ago which is in its favour [:)] ) Plus, I would ideally like a car with ABS because the wife now has to travel on the M60 every morning.
I wasn't thinking of an Activa when we first went looking, just a regular TD or HDi. (In fact I was extremely surprised to see the Activa at Carcraft). But the HDi we went to look at was extremely rough, especially for an X-reg (albeit with 75000 miles).
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Steer well clear of Carcraft, I've been on a few occasions now and their stock is mainly comprised of untidy stuff they've bought at auction cheap, tidied up a bit and are trying to sell on at a large profit. One of their salesman told me "we never take less than £2000 out of a car"
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

I went to Carcraft in Rochdale about 9months ago, it was not a nice experience, I was met at the door of the showroom by a "salesman" and was not allowed to view the cars until I sat down with him at a table while he went on to explain about all the free offers they had for people purchasing a car. He tried to get me to enter a free holiday draw, all he really wnted was my name address and telephone number ( I wonder why ). In the end I got shirty with him and told him I only wanted to view the cars as I knew what sort of car I wanted and did not need his advise. He followed me around the whole time I was in there, I will not be going back.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Carcraft, Newport was the same. They want to sell you finance first and a car second. Fortunately they didn't have one Xantia estate to tempt me when I was looking. Dspite the hype, the selection isn't too good if you are looking for a non-mainstream car. In the end I brought private and saved myself nearly half dealer price.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I may be doing "car-craft" an injustice here, but... a carmarket place in Rochdale were featured not long ago on a TV prog about consumer rip-offs?? [?] I think they were the company in question... Some cars with new MOT's were found to have serious faults by the engineers the TV company used to inspect them, and aftersales care was non existent.. Once you have signed their agreement seems they don't want to know you... so "BUYER BEWARE"... [V] [:(]