1.6 HDI cylinder head cover...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bill Mac

1.6 HDI cylinder head cover...

Post by Bill Mac »

Hello,

Cylinder head/cam cover is leaking oil. Looks like a big job! I've had a look the Haynes manual, but it's not real clear. Once the inlet manifold is off etc, is it just a case of lifting the cover and sealing up, or do the camshafts etc come of with the cover?

Thanks for you help!!!
Bill Mac

Re: 1.6 HDI cylinder head cover...

Post by Bill Mac »

I would have liked to have known what parts I would need in advance, but not to worry, I'll start thing things apart tomorrow. I'll guess I'll find out soon enough :-D
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: 1.6 HDI cylinder head cover...

Post by Lighty »

You can buy a chain kit from euro car parts, that has all the O rings for the manifold etc, well worth changing the chain if you are taking the cover off. However, don't underestimate the job, in my view it's a huge undertaking.
You will need to remove the injectors, this can be very tricky, if they are not blowing, they often need a hydraulic puller to get them out.
You will need to remove the injector pipes, this is quite awkward especially at the fuel rail end.
The cam cover has a habit of leaking past the injector tube seals, I think you need to buy these from the dealer, and they are very fiddly to fit & not damage, I have a specially selected socket to drive them in& stretch them over the injector tubes.
Good luck with the job .
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami