NISSAN 300ZX FAIRLADY

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shawst
My Cars:

NISSAN 300ZX FAIRLADY

Post by shawst »

I OWN A 1990 FAIRLADY ON WHICH I HAVE REPLACE THE TURBOS WITH NEW ONES, A NEW AUTO TRANSMISSION AND NOW A REPLACEMENT MOTOR WITH 12 MTH WARRANTY. I ARE HAVING OIL PRESSURE PROBLEMS, THE RESSURE FROM O TO UNDER 4KG, CAN ANYONE OUT THERE FIND OUT THE CORRECT OIL PRESSURE? THE TURBOS GAUGE READS 7KG, BUT UNDER FULL BLAST WILL NOT EXCEED 3.5KG, THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT, SEEMS NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH BOOST OR POWER. THE PREVIOUS MOTOR NEARLY SENT YOU OUT THE BACK WINDOW, CAN ANYONE HELP HERE ALSO, THE LAST OF MANY, I AS FITTING A STEREO AND LOST THE POWER, REPLACED 4 FUSES AND STILL HAVE NO CLOCK, ARIEL AND POWER FOR THE RADIO, I NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THE FUSES INSIDE.
NOT HAVING A GREAT DAY, PLEASED FOR SOME ADVICE. THANKS,
STEVE.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Nissan's now!
fairlady was not imported into UK but I expect it has a similar engine to a 300zx Turbo.
Glass's guide for 1989 shows oil pressure of 0.8 bar (11 psi) at 600rpm and 4.0 (57 psi) at 4000.
No figure quoted for boost pressure. Boost readings will be in 0.1 bar - 1 bar is atmospheric pressure - approx 14.5 psi (pounds per square inch) but don't know Kg equivalent.
If you think the boost is low have you checked that the air cleaner element is clean and the pipework not kinked or collapsed? Are there any air leaks? Why not remove the intake hose nearest the turbo and briefly see if there is any difference? (don't do it if it is dusty.)
Jeremy
neilsxm

Post by neilsxm »

hi shawst
i've got a zx300tt uk
as for the oil pressure don't trust the gauges they aren't accurate
mine reads in psi but when it's cold runs about 3/4 of the gauge and when it's hot registers anywhere between 0-1/4 gauge
your best bet is to get a mechanical gauge fitted or try a new sender
as for the boost it sounds like its stuck in safety boost
2 things to try here open bonnet just behind the fan there is a plug on top of water pump (middle front of engine)take off and clean
and disconnect the battery for about 30mins then reconnect
or
the zx300tt and fairlady have different ecu's so it depends where your replacement motor came from which might be you problem and the manual and auto have different motors(cams,turbo's etc)so this might be the problem
also the boost gauges are wildly inaccurate aswell mine reads 14psi(7kg)but it's only producing 11psi(5.5kg)
hth neil
if you want to talk more on this mail me NEILZX300@HOTMAIL.COM
as this is for cit's they might get a bit upset[:(]
also i've got the factory manual so i'll have a look for fuses etc bet your interior light doesn't work aswell