How to change a heated mirror??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AirCooledHeaven
Locked user account

How to change a heated mirror??

Post by AirCooledHeaven »

Hi, I'm trying to change a cracked heated driver's door mirror on a Synergie (fitted with electric folding mirrors). I can't for the life of me see how to access the back of the mirror to unclip it, there just isn't enough clearance between the plastic housing and the mirror itself. Am I missing something simple or is there a trick to this?

Thanks
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: How to change a heated mirror??

Post by Stewart(oily) »

On many modern cars the mirror glass is held in with a wire circlip about 1.5 inches in diameter, on my Xantia I tilted the mirror back as far as it would go, then pushing a bit more and looking into the gap from above I could see the silvery clip, I persuaded it out of its groove and the broken mirror came away, the wire connectors were swapped, the circlip popped into place on the new mirror and it just pushed back on, my glass came from ebay and had a circular boss on the back to take the clip, surprisingly easy once you know whats in there.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

You generally need to tilt the glass so the bottom of the mirror is exposed from the underside. Some have clips that need prising off and others need to be "persuaded" with a screwdriver to come off. A cloth comes in useful to pry against to prevent damage on the mirror housing.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
AirCooledHeaven
Locked user account

Post by AirCooledHeaven »

Cheers Stewart/Saab, while 'pushing a bit more' the mirror pinged off with the circlip intact. So job done.