Window seating

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sychologist

Window seating

Post by Sychologist »

Hi,

Just bought a 2010 C5 1.6 Hdi auto estate and love it. However the passenger window broke and by looking on these forums I have bought a repair kit off Ebay for £10 and fixed it. I say 'fixed', the window goes up and down but it doesn't seat properly. I've tried adjusting the fixings of both the window glass and the guide rails but to no avail. If I had to guess I would say the rear of the window is being pulled up more than the front causing the problem. Has anyone else had a problem with these repair kits or could it be something else?

Thanks in anticipation.
Sychologist

Re: Window seating

Post by Sychologist »

Ok so nobody has had this problem yet? However I thought I would post on here what happened and how I fixed it in case anybody else did what I did.

The rear of the window was being pulled up faster than the front and was not as a consequence seating properly. I noticed the middle cable seemed unusually sloppy. I tried releasing the four fixing screws to see if that helped but it made no difference. After much head scratching I decided to remove the assembly again. Upon doing so I took the motor off the winder assembly and found I had put the winding drum on backwards. It must be seated with the cogs close to the motor cog and not the other way round. Problem solved.

Another tip I hope will help others is that when I assembled the three cables I had read that some people had struggled fitting them so rather than trying to fit them onto the drum last, I left the cable off one of the four wheels and then when the drum was secure I wound the cable over the last wheel like a bicycle chain. Much easier.