*$@#ing Xantia just locked me out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

*$@#ing Xantia just locked me out

Post by wurlycorner »

Nice day today so I thought instead of going over to the barn to rebuild the prelude I got back from the bodyshop a few weeks ago, I'd work on the Activa on the drive instead (hopefully finish off fixing the ignition system, so it's back to running ok).

Unlocked the drivers door with the key, opened the bonnet, stuck the key in the ignition so I wouldn't lose it and closed the drivers door.
Came back to it about 15 mins later to grab the new parts (stored in the footwells) and... the bloody thing has only gone and locked me out! :evil:

The Drivers door lock lever is still up, battery (which is left disconnected) had not been touched/reconnected - literally, done nothing to the car in between, but the door is locked/will not open. Will not budge :grr:

Of course, I only have 1 key for the thing... (the one sat in the ignition switch inside the car).

I've tried reconnecting the battery a few times since in case the lock solenoid was stuck mid-way and that would cause it to cycle, but nothing. (yes, I've also tried banging it :lol: )

Anyone got the wiring diagrams for the central locking system please (s1 Xantia)? They're not in my russek, can't find my Haynes and couldn't find them in a quick search on google (I'm hoping I can work out how to frig the wiring from in the engine bay to force it to unlock, as my friend has had to do many times on his mundano :lol: )
Or...
If there's anyone else on here that's already managed to retrieve this situation before, please let me know what you did? :D
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
wurlycorner
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: *$@#ing Xantia just locked me out

Post by wurlycorner »

Ok, found a set of diagrams linked off here
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... am#p378708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Many thanks to Mandrake for originally posting them =D>

Looks like I need to put a 12v feed onto either 620 or 621 (one is lock, one is unlock) that come out of whatever the 'comfort' ECU is called on a Xantia and it looks like that ECU is mounted up behind the dash, inside the car.
Or the other alternative is to use LEXIA via the comm plug, to operate it that way (which is of course also located inside the car) :roll:

Right then, so unless anyone else has any experience/solutions at getting round this problem, it's either getting into smashing things ( [-X ) or order a new key from Citroen.

So, any knowledgable chaps with other solutions out there please? [-o<
--
Iain

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I don't see how it can be locked with the button up, but the lock could have got into a funny state. Are the other doors deadlocked or just locked? If not deadlocked you should be able to lift the knob on on of them with a wire, although I don't remember trying on a xantia.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Wurlycorner you may find this thread helpful

Xantia-my solution is to smash a window

Didn't have to in the end, but collected a lot of excellent suggestions from the forum members along the way some of which may assist you in your situation.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I have glass if you need it, just don't do the rear screen. :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

A series 2 is easier, just borrow a remote, back feed via an ignition on supply to the ECU peripherals and train the new remote. With a S1 I think simplest is to cut a new key to code and dive in via the hatch.
wurlycorner
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

xantia_v6 wrote:I don't see how it can be locked with the button up, but the lock could have got into a funny state. Are the other doors deadlocked or just locked? If not deadlocked you should be able to lift the knob on on of them with a wire, although I don't remember trying on a xantia.
Deliberately not deadlocked the car whenever I've left it, just manually locked them all either with the key (front) or from the buttons inside (rear) with the battery disconnected.
The drivers door lock has been a bit funny for years, needing a couple of goes backwards and forwards to unlock and feeling a bit 'strained' to get it fully unlocked. I've assumed it is because the levers were sticking so it wasn't fully releasing, but wd40 hasn't seemed to help, so maybe one of the link rods is slightly bent now.

Thanks for the suggestions all. I don't think the internal buttons are well shaped for grabbing with a wire and I'm not convinced on doing it without damaging the top seal or scratching the paint. I'll have a good read of that other thread and give my local pug dealer a call to see how much a replacement key would cost.
--
Iain

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The key code shouldn't be too dear to buy, then it's quite cheap (a tenner) to have a key cut.
darbuck
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 X7 Tourer VTR+ (138 BHP)
2007 Nissan Primera P12 1.6 T-Spec (110BHP)
2003 Citroen C5 Estate level 2 (110 BHP) 2.0 HDI
2001 Nissan Maxima QX 2.0 V6

Post by darbuck »

i had this problem with my c5 estate about two months ago forced the lock on the rear screen with no tools if your xantia is an estate and has a hinged rear screen this could work for you if not im only annoying you with useless sugestions hope it helps if it is a possibility you will need to remove the wiper first otherwise it will break but only do it as a last resort.
Darren
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Just go down to the cop shop and ask them to point you to the nearest car thief, he'll have it open in seconds. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
wurlycorner
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Just rung the local pug dealer and fortunately it's £18 for a new cut key from the local pug dealer, so it's not worth worrying about any more complicated solution.

They wouldn't order the code over the phone with me showing proof of ownership when I go in to collect, though - I have to take in proof of ownership before they will order it (then go in again to collect) which is annoying...

(A new fob minus key blade, was over £200 :lol: )
--
Iain

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I have sent a reply via PM as probably not best to broadcast the non destructive entry method on an open forum.
darbuck
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 X7 Tourer VTR+ (138 BHP)
2007 Nissan Primera P12 1.6 T-Spec (110BHP)
2003 Citroen C5 Estate level 2 (110 BHP) 2.0 HDI
2001 Nissan Maxima QX 2.0 V6

Post by darbuck »

:oops: Good point wheeler
Darren