HEYLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cheesesliceking

HEYLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by cheesesliceking »

Problem!!!!!
On the way to work this morning, everything ok… then …. The car starts to drive like its a 1.0.. ie no power!. Then I notice that the choke just moves the pedal when you pull it out and doesn’t seem to give any extra juice to the engine! Agghghghghg….noooooooooooo!
Any ideas?
It’s a AX GT 1360cc
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Out of gas ?
Seriously - not just because of the gauge problems you have - but a fuel filter/pump problem.
Not touched the fuel lines while messing around with tank sender problem ?
Think it over - any possibility that you may in fact have run it dry ?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Good thought, Anders!
What was the temperature this morning - not suffering from carb icing?
Was it hot or cold when it was doing it? If cold, choke flap may have become disconnected leading to no choke. If hot choke flap may have become disengaged and fallen shut.
Maybe you have sucked a load of crap out of the bottom of the fuel tank when you ran it dry and now all the jets are blocked in the carb - only solution is to strip and clean it.
Plenty to 'get you started' (awful pun fully intended!)
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

My money's on Carb icing. Especially if "Slightly" modified in your sig involves any monkeying about with the air intake side;)
Check that all the flaps are working and that the hot air trunking is in place and intact.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

Turns out one bolt came off the Chok/Accelerator cable mount onto the carb and thus the accelerator wasnt actually pulling the cable, just moving it. if ya get me drift. Couldnt have been carb freeze, the Solex Solex 32/34 Z2 has a heat plate! so the "monkeying" ha, ha had no effect![;)]
Thanks for the help people[:)]