I need windscreen wipers inside...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jez

I need windscreen wipers inside...

Post by Jez »

The amount of condensation on just my front windscreen is awful. I put the heater on to clear it and it just gets worse. I even noticed today there was a cool smoke coming out of the vent on the dashboard when didn't have the heater on. I have tried with the air con but to no effect. I will not drive it as it is too dangerous as I just cannot see. Xantia, by the way. Any help out there?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I had the same problem in my BX - and the same problem in all my cars before this.
I traced it down to be caused by my habit of keep murmuring "bbrrrmm...bbrrrmm..." during drive [:p][8D][:p]
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

Heater matrix leak. Ouch.
Oldphrt
My Cars:

Post by Oldphrt »

About the condensation. Try Bars leaks in the coolant. It worked in my Xantia even though I was told not to put it in by a Citroen garage. Any anti leak stuff might be worth a go.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

LOL@Anders dunno what your smoking but i'd like some ;-)
Re steam, you have got a water leak somewhere in the dash, lets hope its not your matrix.. Sealent will prob cure it short term, but could prove expensive in the long run...
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

My Cit indie has used Forte coolant stopleak stuff to excellent effect on Xantia matricies. Look on the web under Forte and coolant leak.
I used it on my XM to stop the odd pinhole.
It stays active in the system.
HTH
rg
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Anders
Good job you haven't got a Mazda, or you would be murmuring "zum-zum-zum". Or if it was one of those Vauxhall Tonka toys that split in two, "quack-quack"
Note for non-UK ITV viewers - these are UK car ads, none of which actually say anything about the cars
Mike