Rad fan kick's in and car in ECO mode C5 1.6HDi - 2005

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rochy101
My Cars:

Rad fan kick's in and car in ECO mode C5 1.6HDi - 2005

Post by Rochy101 »

Hello,
My Radiator fan kicks in after I drive a few km's and another thing hissing me off is when i start the car in the morning it says car in "Economy mode" and does not drive over 3,000 rpm through the gears but can still sit at 110 kph or 70mph just no more.
The car does not over heat and has had this problem for a while now. Sometimes no issues at all so i know its a fault electrical just any idea's, I have had it plugged in and nothing at all not even found the icu .I have recently given it a major service to no avail.
Oh happy days !!
Look forward to and advice as always " Beer O clock "
:roll:
Currently driving
2005 C5 Estate 1.6hdi aka "Duggy" rhd
2006 C5 Estate 1.6hdi aka "Cissy" rhd
1990 Ax 1.1 aka "Baggy" Lhd
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Rad fan kick's in and car in ECO mode C5 1.6HDi - 2005

Post by Stickyfinger »

Eco mode will not stop the car going over 3k revs.....its to protect the electrical system from a low battery....HOWEVER
It is calculated to activate by recording the journeys, all short or leave the accessories on = EcoMode...it does NOT "read" the battery (its Stupid)

I charge the battery off the car (disconnected) and then do a BSI reset when connecting up...I also use a solar charger (really not sure if it works but seems to keep the "mode" at bay longer.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Rochy101
My Cars:

Post by Rochy101 »

When I done my service last week I changed the battery because it had not been done for a long time and i was thinking winter is a coming. When I started the car I only had 1 beep from the display telling me the fap has an issue, I know this as the last owner totally removed the inside to stop any issues, I have one in there now but citroen could not even stop this display. I shall have to charge it and see if this is the issue, hoping not the alternator. cheers for that .
Currently driving
2005 C5 Estate 1.6hdi aka "Duggy" rhd
2006 C5 Estate 1.6hdi aka "Cissy" rhd
1990 Ax 1.1 aka "Baggy" Lhd
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I would do a correct BSI reset before getting a new alternator......eg follow this to the letter: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=43609

Unless the car has had a remap, the sensors will tell the car that it is faulty if the FAP has just been removed.....it is this that is causing the "safety mode" preventing you from going over 3k revs. Remap or Replace DPF system I am affraid
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting