Xsara Picasso exhaust repair

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

matthlock
New User

Xsara Picasso exhaust repair

Post by matthlock »

Hi, can someone please give me any advice on repairing the join between the cat and the long pipe on a 2003 Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi? The pipe on the cat's side has rusted and is no longer tightly connected to the long pipe going to the back box, although it hasnt completely fallen off yet. The garage wants £150 for a whole new cat but its only the join that's dodgy, and since the car's done 195 thousand miles i was thinking of getting rid of it in the next 6 months and didn't want to invest much into it. Is there a way i can put a sleeve or a repair join on it? I've had a look online but not sure what I need exactly?? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Re: Xsara Picasso exhaust repair

Post by chinkostu »

from what i can gather the olive is on the centrepipe and the flange is on the cat. so you can easily get a shop to make up a flange of the right size, but to fit it would ideally involve removing the cat so you can cut back the rot and weld it properly. wether the labour costs are worth it is debateable though. you could pick up a cheap cat for about £50 and if you fit it yourself its the cheapest option
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o