c4 picasso serious issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnsonr380

c4 picasso serious issues

Post by johnsonr380 »

Hi all a little help and advice please.

I've a 2008 c4 picasso 1.6 hdi.

I noticed the other day that oil was leaking from what I believe is called the air doseur or similar.

its booked in the garage for this on Monday. My wife was using the car today and there was a terrible noise followed by a check oil pressure warning and the car died. I've checked underneath and the aux belt has frayed maybe snapped.

I'm no expert by any means. All oil levels were okay before as I was checking before the garage on monday.

worried now it's going to be a big job. Anybody got any advice what's happend or past experiences they could share. Obviously I'm thinking a rough price to fix too.

Thanks in advance
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: c4 picasso serious issues

Post by Lighty »

Difficult to say what may have happened, but feel you may need to prepare for the worst. If the oil light came on, this could be due to the engine stopping of its own accord. This may be because the aux belt has failed , if you are lucky, one of the loose bits of belt will have knocked the wiring off the crank sensor. Of not , the belt may have gone inside the cover and caused the cambelt to jump. Best bet is to get it looked at by someone familiar with these engines, they need tlc to keep them running well.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
johnsonr380

Post by johnsonr380 »

Lighty cheers for the reply. Is worst case maybe cam belt ? The car was only serviced by the same garage about 300 miles ago. I always approach with caution. I've fell foul of garages over charging before. Hence why I'm here looking for some advice. Cheers
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

If the cambelt has jumped or failed, this is a very large job to repair on this engine.
I would check that wiring to the plug, it is quite vulnerable to a belt strike where it is located.
This would be a very easy repair.
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
johnsonr380

Post by johnsonr380 »

When you say plug, where is it located? There wasn't any smoke if that helps. Any idea why check oil pressure came up? If the plug came out could it be just change aux belt and put plug back in? Cheers for your advice mate much appreciated
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

The plug is right next to the crankshaft pulley, so very vulnerable, the plug doesn't usually fall off, normal gets total destroyed by the flapping belt. The oil light would come on if you were still moving but the engine was not running.
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
johnsonr380

Post by johnsonr380 »

Cheers mate. Thanks alot for your advice. Getting looked at today. I'll let you know how it goes.